The leading reference on shoulder rehabilitation, Physical Therapy of the Shoulder, 5th Edition provides complete information on the functional anatomy of the shoulder, the mechanics of movement, and the evaluation and treatment of shoulder disorders. It promotes current, evidence-based practice with coverage of the latest rehabilitation and surgical techniques. Case studies show the clinical application of key principles, and follow the practice patterns from the APTA Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition, relating to shoulder disorders. Edited by Robert Donatelli, a well-known lecturer and consultant for professional athletes, this book includes a companion website with video clips demonstrating shoulder therapy techniques and procedures.
- State-of-the-art coverage details the latest rehabilitation and surgical techniques and procedures of shoulder disorders.
- The integration of practice patterns from the APTA Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition, demonstrates APTA guidelines for managing shoulder disorders.
- Case studies in each clinical chapter show the management of real-life situations.
- Video clips on the companion website demonstrate examination techniques, function tests, treatment techniques, and exercises.
I: Mechanics of Movement and Evaluation
1. The Guide to Practice
2. Functional Anatomy and Mechanics
3. Throwing Injuries
4. Examination and Evaluation of the Shoulder
II: Neurologic Considerations
5. Interrelationship of the Spine, Rib Cage, and Shoulder
6. Neural Tissue Evaluation and Treatment
7. Sensory Integration and Neuromuscular Control of the Shoulder
8. Evaluation and Treatment of Brachial Plexus Lesions
III: Special Considerations
9. Impingement Syndrome and Impingement-Related Instability
10. Frozen Shoulder
11. Etiology and Evaluation of Rotator Cuff Pathologic Conditions and Rehabilitation
12. Visceral Referred Pain to the Shoulder
IV: Treatment Approaches
13. Manual Therapy Techniques
14. Muscle Length Testing and Electromyographic Data for Manual Strength Testing and Exercises for the Shoulder
15. Myofascial Trigger Points of the Shoulder
V: Surgical Considerations
16. Shoulder Instability
17. Rotator Cuff Repairs
18. Surgical Approach to Shoulder Instabilities
19. Total Shoulder Replacements
20. Strength Training Concepts
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2012
- 16th March 2011
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
National Director, Sports Specific Rehabilitation; Developer, Strengthen Your Game Rehabilitation and Performance Enhancement Programs for Athletes, Las Vegas, NV