1. The role of the physical therapies in sport, exercise and physical activity.
SECTION 1: Management principles for musculoskeletal tissue in the physical therapies
2. Muscle. 3. Tendon. 4. Ligament. 5. Bone. 6. Nerves.
SECTION 2 Concepts in managing sport and exercise injuries
7. Motor control. 8. Pain. 9. Exercise-based conditioning and rehabilitation. 10. Psychology of injury and rehabilitation. 11. Screening for sport and exercise participation. 12. Clinical outcomes in sport and exercise participation. 13. Electrophysical agents in sport and exercise injury management.
SECTION 3 Regional sport and exercise injury management
14. Spine. 15. Shoulder. 16. Elbow. 17. Wrist and hand. 18. Pelvis, hip and groin. 19. Thigh. 20. Knee. 21. Patellofemoral joint. 22. Leg. 23. Foot and ankle.
SECTION 4 The role of sport and exercise physical therapies in active groups
24. Children and adolescents. 25. Older exercise participants. 26. The active female. 27. Athletes with disability.
SECTION 5 Medical considerations for rehabilitation practitioners in sport and exercise settings
28. Pharmacological agents in sport and exercise. 29. Medical imaging of injury. 30. Medical issues in sport and exercise.