Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Physical Methods in Chemical Analysis, Volume IV focuses on the application of physical methods in chemical analysis, including dialysis, chromatography, electromagnetic separations, and thermal diffusion.
The selection first offers information on dialysis and separations with molecular sieves and foams. Topics include membranes for dialysis, apparatus and techniques, application of molecular sieves to the problems of separation, adsorption measurements and techniques, and molecular sieve adsorbents. The text then elaborates on separations with foams and electromagnetic separations.
The publication explains ion exchange and analytical applications of inclusion. Discussions focus on separations by ion-exchange chromatography, general properties of ion-exchange resins, ion exclusion, and methods and technical details. The publication then ponders on separation of gases and liquids by thermal diffusion and solvent extraction.
The selection is highly recommended for readers interested in the application of physical methods in chemical analysis.
Contributors to Volume IV
2. General Theory and Background
3. Membranes for Dialysis
4. Apparatus and Techniques
Separations with Molecular Sieves
2. Molecular Sieve Adsorbents
3. Adsorption Measurements and Techniques
4. Application of Molecular Sieves to the Problems of Separation
5. Cation Separation by Molecular Sieve Ion Exchange
Separations with Foams
2. Frothers and Foam Production
5. Activators and Modifiers
3. Description of Process and Apparatus
4. Production Rate
5. Ion Sources
6. Collection of Separated Material
7. Types of Separators
8. General Fields of Application
9. Advantages and Limitations
10. Potential Applications
2. General Properties of Ion-Exchange Resins
3. Equilibria and Kinetics of Ion Exchange
4. Applications of Ion Exchange to Analysis
5. Separations by Ion-Exchange Chromatography
6. The Plate Theory of Ion-Exchange Chromatography
7. Ion Exclusion
8. Salting-out Chromatography
9. Special Resins
Symbols and Abbreviations
Analytical Applications of Inclusion Compounds
2. General Description
3. Methods and Technical Details
Separation of Gases and Liquids by Thermal Diffusion
1. Thermal Diffusion
2. Separation Tubes
3. The Practical Applications of Separation Tubes
Symbols and Abbreviations
2. Basis of Extraction and Distribution Methods
3. Laboratory Practice
4. Application of Extraction or Distribution Methods in Analytical Chemistry
List of Symbols
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1961
- 1st January 1961
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.