- Comprehensive coverage of all physical agents includes the benefits, correct applications, and issues related to thermal agents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, ultrasound, electrical currents, and electromagnetic radiation.
- Clinical case studies help sharpen your decision-making skills regarding important treatment choices and effective applications.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based practices ensure you are using the best approach supported by research.
- Contraindications and Precautions boxes explain the safe use and application of physical agents with up-to-date warnings for optimum care paths.
- Clinical Pearl boxes emphasize the tips and tricks of patient practice.
- Application techniques in step-by-step, illustrated resource boxes help you provide safe and effective treatments.
Part One: Introduction to Physical Agents
1. The Physiology of Physical Agents
2. Physical Agents in Clinical Practice
Part Two: Pathology and Patient Problems
3. Inflammation and Tissue Repair
5. Tone Abnormalities
6. Motion Restrictions
Part Three: Thermal Agents
7. Introduction to Thermal Agents
8. Superficial Cold & Heat
Part Four: Electrical Currents
11. Introduction to Electrical Currents
12. Electrical Currents for Muscle Contractions
13. Electrical Currents for Pain Control
14. Electrical Currents for Tissue Healing
Part Five: Electromagnetic Agents
15. Lasers and light
Part Six: Mechanical Agents