Presenting a variety of treatment choices supported by the latest clinical research, Physical Agents in Rehabilitation: From Research to Practice, 4th Edition is your guide to the safe, most effective use of physical agents in your rehabilitation practice. Coverage in this new edition includes the most up-to-date information on thermal agents, ultrasound, electrical currents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, lasers, and electromagnetic radiation. Straightforward explanations make it easy to integrate physical agents into your patients’ overall rehabilitation plans.
- Comprehensive coverage of all physical agents includes the benefits, correct applications, and issues related to thermal agents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, ultrasound, electrical currents, and electromagnetic radiation.
- Clinical case studies help sharpen your decision-making skills regarding important treatment choices and effective applications.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based practices ensure you are using the best approach supported by research.
- Contraindications and Precautions boxes explain the safe use and application of physical agents with up-to-date warnings for optimum care paths.
- Clinical Pearl boxes emphasize the tips and tricks of patient practice.
- Application techniques in step-by-step, illustrated resource boxes help you provide safe and effective treatments.
Part One: Introduction to Physical Agents
1. The Physiology of Physical Agents
2. Physical Agents in Clinical Practice
Part Two: Pathology and Patient Problems
3. Inflammation and Tissue Repair
5. Tone Abnormalities
6. Motion Restrictions
Part Three: Thermal Agents
7. Introduction to Thermal Agents
8. Superficial Cold & Heat
Part Four: Electrical Currents
11. Introduction to Electrical Currents
12. Electrical Currents for Muscle Contractions
13. Electrical Currents for Pain Control
14. Electrical Currents for Tissue Healing
Part Five: Electromagnetic Agents
15. Lasers and light
Part Six: Mechanical Agents
- © Saunders 2013
- 18th September 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Neurology; Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR