Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to photo-electroactive non-volatile memory
2. Characteristics and mechanisms in resistive switching memories
3. Memory characteristics and mechanisms in transistor based memories
4. Two-terminal optoelectronic memory device
5. Three-terminal optoelectronic memory device
6. Synaptic devices based on organic field-effect transistors
7. Ionic synergetically coupled electrolyte gated transistors for neuromorphic engineering applications
8. One-dimensional materials for photo-electroactive memories and synaptic devices
9. Novel photo-electroactive memories and neuromorphic devices based on nanomaterials
10. Organic and Hybrid Photo-Electroactive Polymer for Memories and Neuromorphic Computing
11. Metal oxide materials for photo-electroactive memories and neuromorphic computing systems
12. Perovskites for photo-tunable memories and neuromorphic computing
13. Chalcogenide materials for optoelectronic memory and neurmorphic computing
14. Device challenges, possible strategies and conclusions
Photo-Electroactive Non-Volatile Memories for Data Storage and Neuromorphic Computing summarizes advances in the development of photo-electroactive memories and neuromorphic computing systems, suggests possible solutions to the challenges of device design, and evaluates the prospects for commercial applications. Sections covers developments in electro-photoactive memory, and photonic neuromorphic and in-memory computing, including discussions on design concepts, operation principles and basic storage mechanism of optoelectronic memory devices, potential materials from organic molecules, semiconductor quantum dots to two-dimensional materials with desirable electrical and optical properties, device challenges, and possible strategies.
This comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date book will be of particular interest to graduate students and researchers in solid-state electronics. It is an invaluable systematic introduction to the memory characteristics, operation principles and storage mechanisms of the latest reported electro-photoactive memory devices.
- Reviews the most promising materials to enable emerging computing memory and data storage devices, including one- and two-dimensional materials, metal oxides, semiconductors, organic materials, and more
- Discusses fundamental mechanisms and design strategies for two- and three-terminal device structures
- Addresses device challenges and strategies to enable translation of optical and optoelectronic technologies
Materials Scientists and Engineers in academic and R&D, and Electrical Engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 27th May 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Su-Ting Han is an Associate Professor at the Institute of Microscale Optoelectronics, Shenzhen University, China. She received her MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry from Hong Kong Baptist University and her PhD degree in Physics and Materials Science from City University of Hong Kong. Her research interests include functional electronic devices and flexible, stretchable, and wearable electronics.
Institute of Microscale Optoelectronics, Shenzhen University, China
Ye Zhou is an IAS Fellow in the Institute for Advanced Study, Shenzhen University. His research interests include flexible and printed electronics, organic/inorganic semiconductors, surface and interface physics, nanostructured materials, and nano-scale devices for technological applications, such as logic circuits, data storage, photonics and sensors.
Institute for Advanced Study, Shenzhen University, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.