Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Suitable for both students and practicing pharmacists, the latest edition of this classic textbook provides comprehensive coverage of an essential component of the U.K. pharmacy curriculum: pharmacy law and ethics. Completely rewritten since the last edition to reflect the rapid pace at which this field moves, it offers a clear, readable and non-technical guide on balancing the needs of patients with the letter of the law. It explains what happens and why in a reader-friendly format, taking a problem solving approach, and even provides an introduction to pharmacy issues for solicitors and legal personnel. Any pharmacist, student, or regulatory authority will find it appropriate for either a serious study or for answering questions which occur in practice.
- Adopts a unique approach discussing topics thematically rather than statute based
- Unlike competitor's, the style of the book is clear, accurate and succinct, avoiding long complex sentences which are so common in legal textbooks. The law is logically presented, even when it is complex or difficult, reasons for existence of law are discussed, and lack of clarity in the law is indicated where necessary
- Includes the new and updated NHS pharmacy contract and discusses changes in many areas of relevant law
- Updated chapters on employment law, human rights, informed consent, confidentiality, and changes in the NHS structure
- Applicable for day-to-day use by community pharmacists and pharmacy students
Pharmacy students and practitioners
The Supply of NHS pharmaceutical services
The Drug Tariff
APPLICATIONS TO DISPENSE NHS SCRIPTS
Dispensing in Rural areas
The Interest of Public
Complaints and breaches of the terms of service
THE MANUFACTURE AND LICENSING OF MEDICINAL PRODUCTS
Control on sales of medicines
Supplies and Deliveries
Traditional and alternative medicines
LABELLING, LEAFLETS AND PACKAGING
Patient Group Directions
NON - MEDICAL PRESCRIBING
Access to Pharmacies
The European Union
The Pharmacy Profession
Liability in Negligence
The Sale of Goods
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2006
- 10th July 2006
- Elsevier Science
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Parkdale House Nottingham NG7 1DE United Kingdom
Devereaux Chambers, Temple, London, United Kingdom
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.