Written by experts in the field of pharmacovigilance and patient safety, this concise resource provides a succinct, easy-to-digest overview of an increasingly critical area of medical safety. Drs. Thao Doan, Cheryl Renz, Fabio Lievano, Mondira Bhattacharya, and Linda Scarazzini provide essential information for health care professionals, clinical researchers, and regulators who need a comprehensive, up-to-date source of information on the principles and practice of pharmacovigilance.
- Covers the evolving regulatory landscape, as well as current and future use of digital technologies.
- Uses case studies to ensure content is relevant to everyday practice.
- Discusses behavioral science and patient perspectives, risk communication, and new frontiers in pharmacovigilance.
- Consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into one convenient resource.
Section I. The Regulatory Enviroment
1. Does Regulation Drive Science or Does Science Drive Regulation?
Section II. Data and Real World Evidence
2. Role of Epidemiology in Pharmaceutical Industry
3. Real World Epidemiologic Studies and Patient Registries
Section III. Benefit-Risk in the Drug Development Life Cycle
4. Signal Management and Methods of Signal Detection
5. Causality Assessment and Examples of Adverse Drug Reactions (Drug Induced Liver Injury, Skin, Major Adverse Cardiac Events and Renal)
6. Product Safety Monitoring in Clinical Trials
7. Benefit-Risk Assessments
8. Communicating benefit risk
9. Pharmacovigilance and Medical Devices
10. Vaccine Safety Surveillance
11. Pharmacovigilance in Special Populations (Pediatrics and Elderly)
12. Pharmacovigilance in Pregnancy
Section IV. The Role of the Digital Revolution
13. Impact and Implications of Technology on Pharmacovigilance
Section V. The Next Frontier
14. The Future of Pharmacovigilance
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 31st July 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sr. Medical Director, Medical Safety Evaluation, AbbVie Inc., Chicago. IL
Senior Medical Director, Safety Science, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, AbbVie, North Chicago, Illinois, United States
Vice President, Safety Sciences, Medical Safety Evaluation Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety AbbVie Inc., Chicago. IL
Head, Benefit-Risk Management, Innovative Platforms Initiative & Epidemiology, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, AbbVie Inc., Chicago. IL
Vice President, Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety, AbbVie Inc., Chicago. IL
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.