UNIT ONE: A Nurse's Perspective of Pharmacology
- Drug Action: Pharmaceutic, Pharmacokinetic, and Pharmacodynamic Phases
- Nursing Process and Client Teaching
- Medication Safety NEW!
- Medication Administration
- Medications and Calculations
- The Drug Approval Process
- Cultural and Pharmacogenetic Considerations
- Drug Interaction and Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Drugs of Abuse
- Herbal Therapy with Nursing Implications
- Pediatric Pharmacology
- Geriatric Pharmacology
- Medication Administration in Community Settings
- The Role of the Nurse in Drug Research
- Vitamin and Mineral Replacement
- Fluid and Electrolyte Replacement
- Nutritional Support
- Adrenergic Agonists and Adrenergic Blockers
- Cholinergic Agonists and Anticholinergics
- Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Central Nervous Sys
UNIT TWO: Drug Calculations
Section 5A: Systems of Measurement with Conversion
Section 5B: Methods for Calculation
Section 5C: Calculations of Oral Dosages
Section 5D: Calculations of Injectable Dosages
Section 5E: Calculations of Intravenous Fluids
Section 5F: Pediatric Drug Calculations
UNIT THREE: Contemporary Issues in Pharmacology
UNIT FOUR: Nutrition and Electrolytes
UNIT FIVE: Autonomic Nervous System Agents
UNIT SIX: Neurologic and Neuromuscular Agents
Featuring concise, straightforward coverage, Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 7th Edition puts nursing pharmacology concepts and essential drug calculation skills into a practical nursing context to prepare you for real-world drug administration responsibilities. This edition has been revised and updated with the most current nursing pharmacology information available. Innovative features such as Prototype Drug Charts, Nursing Process Summaries, an extensive math/dosage calculation section, and NCLEX® Examination-style study questions make nursing pharmacology more understandable than ever.
- Unique! Prototype Drug Charts provide easy access to key information on dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more for more than 100 drugs.
- Unique! An extensive, color-coded dosage calculation section covers six methods of dosage calculation — basic formula, ratio and proportion, fractional equation, dimensional analysis, and dosing by body weight and body surface area — eliminating the need for a separate dosage calculation book.
- Nursing Process Summaries present client care and drug therapy within the framework of each step of the nursing process, including information on client teaching and cultural and herbal considerations.
- Preventing Medication Errors boxes reinforce concepts introduced in the medication safety chapter and highlight common errors that occur in clinical practice to help you ensure safe drug administration.
- Herbal Alerts provide a quick reference to side effects, drug interactions, and additional information for popular herbs you may encounter in practice.
- A fully updated bioterrorism appendix helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of bioterrorism weapons and respond with appropriate nursing care.
- Unique! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology in all drug therapy chapters help you understand how drugs work in various body systems.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies at the end of each chapter challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic client scenarios.
- NCLEX® Study Questions for each chapter help prepare you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX® Examination. Answers are list
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, South University, Richmond Campus, Glen Allen, Virginia
Associate Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware