The Prep Manual for Undergraduates now, more aptly named as Pharmacology for Medical Graduates, Third Edition includes significant expansion and revision of the existing Second Edition.
The style and presentation form has been maintained - simple diagrams, self-explanatory flow charts, tables and student friendly mnemonics. Some new topics like cognitive enhancers, CNS stimulants, Drugs for the treatment of Psoriasis and Acne vulgaris have been introduced. Definitions, treatment schedules as per WHO (for tuberculosis, leprosy, malaria, HIV), RNTCP (for TB) guidelines and classification of blood pressure as per JNC, 2003 guidelines have been included and we acknowledge the same. This extensively revised edition will be useful not only for the students of medicine but also for practicing doctors.
- Format based upon the pattern which is followed by the examiners in framing questions in the exams- both theory and Practical.
- Updated content with addition of new drugs
- Addition of new flowcharts, Figures and tables to facilitate quick learning and greater retention of knowledge
- Specific description of drugs under short headings makes it easy to understand.
- Easy to understand and point-wise presentation of information, useful for exam going UG students.
- Supplementing text with simple diagrams, self-explanatory flow charts, tables and student friendly mnemonics.
Chapter 1 General Pharmacology
Chapter 2 Drugs Acting on Autonomic Nervous System
Chapter 3 Drugs Affecting Cardiovascular Function
Chapter 4 Renal Pharmacology
Chapter 5 Drugs Acting on Central Nervous System
Chapter 6 Autacoids and Respiratory System
Chapter 7 Drugs Used in the Treatment
of Gastrointestinal Diseases
Chapter 8 Drugs Acting on Blood and Blood-forming
Chapter 9 Endocrine Pharmacology
Chapter 10 Drugs Acting on Uterus
Chapter 11 Chemotherapy
Chapter 12 Miscellaneous Drugs
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2015
- 10th October 2015
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: