- Helps you develop effective exercise programs by providing drug/exercise interactions from a pharmacokinetics perspective. You willl clearly see the implications for exercise for each specific condition and medication.
- Presents case studies in every chapter that demonstrate the effects of various drugs on the diagnosis, prognosis, and interventions in physical therapy, so you can more easily monitor patients for adverse drug effects.
- Features engaging activities in every chapter, ranging from patient interviews to challenging, real-life questions, helping you retain and apply what you've learned.
- Encourages you to use the latest research in your clinical decision making with evidence-based content incorporated throughout.
- Simplifies the complex topic of pharmacokinetics so that you will fully understand how it affects your individual patients and your care plans.
- Guides you in using the Internet for online drug information with references to specific sites, and when and how to use them to their fullest potential.
- Discusses lifespan considerations such as age, physical differences, and obesity, as well as the latest information on diabetes and glucose testing.
2. Pharmacodynamics: Mechanisms of Action
3. Pharmacokinetics and Drug Dosing
4. Adverse Drug Reactions
Section Two: Autonomic and Cardiovascular Pharmacology
5. Drugs Acting on the Autonomic Nervous System
6. Antihypertensive Agents
7. Drug Therapy of Coronary Atherosclerosis and Its Repercussions
8. Drug Therapy for Congestive Heart Failure and Cardiac Arrhythmias
Section Three: Treatment for Pulmonary and Gastrointestinal Disorders
9. Drug Therapy for Pulmonary Disorders
10. Drugs for Gastrointestinal Disorders
Section Four: Pain Control
11. Anesthetic Agents
12. Drugs for the Treatment of Pain and Inflammation
13. Drug treatment for Arthritis Related Conditions
Section Five: Endocrine Pharmacology
14. Selective Topics in Endocrine Pharmacology
15. Drug Treatment for Osteoporosis and Diabetes
Section Six: Psychopharmacology
16. Drug Treatment for Depression and Anxiety
17. Drug Treatment for Schizophrenia and Bipolar Illness
Section Seven: Drugs Affecting the Nervous System
18. Drugs for Epilepsy and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
19. Antispasticity Medications and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
20. Pharmacologic Management of Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
Section Eight: Drugs Affecting the Integumentary System
21. Integumentary System - NEW
Section Nine: Infectious Disease
22. Antimicrobial Agents
23. Antiviral Agents and Selected Drugs for Fungal Infections
Section Ten: Chemotherapeutic Drugs and Agents Acting on the Immune System
24. Chemotherapy and Immune Modulation
Section Eleven: The Relationship between Drug Therapy and Exercise
25. The Interaction between Selective Cardiopulmonary and Diabetic Medications and Exercise
Section Twelve: Special Topics
26. Nutrition and Pharmacology - NEW
27. Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Pharmacology - NEW