Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Chemical and pharmacological research on the polyphenol acids isolated from Danshen: A review of salvianolic acids
Guanhua Du, Junke Song, Lida Du, Li Zhang, Guifen Qiang, Shoubao Wang, Xiuying Yang and Lianhua Fang
2. Pharmacological properties of tanshinones, the natural products from Salvia miltiorrhiza
Xiaoying Wang, Yang Yang, Xiao Liu and Xiumei Gao
3. Pharmacological action and potential targets of chlorogenic acid
Mingsan Miao and Liling Xiang
4. Astragaloside IV derived from Astragalus membranaceus: A research review on the pharmacological effects
Jianqin Zhang, Chuxuan Wu, Li Gao, Guanhua Du and Xuemei Qin
5. Modern traditional Chinese medicine: Identifying, defining and usage of TCM components
David J. Newman
6. LW-AFC, a new formula from the traditional Chinese medicine Liuwei Dihuang decoction, as a promising therapy for Alzheimer's disease: Pharmacological effects and mechanisms
Xiaorui Cheng, Yan Huang, Yongxiang Zhang and Wenxia Zhou
7. Pharmacological effects of icariin
Chunyang He, Ze Wang and Jingshan Shi
8. Seaweed-derived bioactives as potential energy regulators in obesity and type 2 diabetes
Giovanna Bermano, Teodora Stoyanova, Franck Hennequart and Cherry L. Wainwright
9. Preventive and therapeutic effect of Ganoderma lucidum on kidney injuries and diseases
Xiaoqiang Geng, Dandan Zhong, Limin Su, Zhibin Lin and Baoxue Yang
10. Fungal polysaccharides
Zhiyong Xiao, Wenxia Zhou and Yongxiang Zhang
11. Toxicity of traditional Chinese medicine herbal and mineral products
Runping Liu, Xiaojiaoyang Li, Nana Huang, Mengyue Fan and Rong Sun
Pharmacological Advances in Natural Product Drug Discovery, Volume 87 in the Advances in Pharmacology series, presents the latest pharmacological research progresses of 8 medicinal compounds from natural products, including salvianolic acid, tanshinone, paeonol, chlorogenic acid, astragaloside, icariin, ganoderan, and febrifugine. Specific chapters to this new release include Potential Role of Paeonol on Atherosclerosis Related Cells, A Review on Salvianolic Acid, Pharmacological Advances of Tanshinones, the Natural Product of Salvia Miltiorrhiza, Pharmacological Action and Potential Targets Analysis of Major Pharmacological Effects of Chlorogenic Acid, Modern TCM: Identifying and Defining the "Medicinal Mix", Pharmacological Advances in Astragaloside IV Derived from Astragalus Membranaceus, and much more.
- Includes the authority and expertise of leading contributors in natural product pharmacology
- Provides the latest pharmacological research progresses of eight medicinal compounds from natural products
- Presents a thorough discussion on the compatibility of traditional medicines
Investigators in natural product pharmacology, oncology, neurology, toxicology, medicine
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 19th February 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Guanhua Du is a professor of Pharmacology; Former-President of the Chinese Pharmacological Society; a member of the Asia Pacific Federation of Pharmacologists Executive Committee; and Director of National Centre for Pharmaceutical Screening. Dr. Du got his Ph.D. degree from Peking Union Medical College in 1995, and conducted his postdoctoral research in University of Liege, Belgium from 1995 to 1998. Dr. Du is mainly engaged in drug discovery and development, screening methods and strategy, and drug effect and mechanism research in cerebrovascular and neurodegenerative disease. He originated the national high-throughput drug screening system in China, and provided drug screening services for over 300 million numbers of samples for domestic pharmaceutical institutions or enterprises. In the recent 10 years, Dr. Du has published more than 400 papers, discovered more than 30 monographs, and applied for more than 60 patents. He has finished preclinical research of 3 new drugs. He is the member of editorial committee of “Pharmacology & Therapeutics” and more than ten other journals.
Chinese Academy of Medical College, Beijing, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.