Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Peyronie's Disease: Pathophysiology and Treatment combines the basic research of Peyronie’s Disease with an overview of the clinical and practical management of the disease, providing the most comprehensive approach. Coverage includes etiology and psychological aspects of the disease, management according to European and US guidelines for both surgical and non-surgical treatments, and oral therapies and on-going research including stem cells. This book is perfect for urologists—particularly those who specialize in sexual medicine and/or infertility—and for Andrologists and Endocrinologists.
- Provides a clear understanding of the underlying pathological mechanisms present in Peyronie’s Disease
- Translates current research in the field into actionable items for a better understanding of the clinical aspects of Peyronie’s Disease
- Combines knowledge from the perspectives of Urologists, Andrologists and Endocrinologists, giving a comprehensive overview of Peyronie’s Disease
Urologists, particularly those specializing in sexual medicine and/or infertility; Andrologists and Endocrinologists
3. Phsychological aspects of Peyronie’s disease
4. Nonsurgical treatment options
5. Traction and vacuum devices
6. Shockwave therapy
7. Laser, radiation and Iontophoresis therapy
8. Intraplaque injections treatments
9. Conventional injective therapies
10. Injection collagenase clostridium histolyticum
11. Oral therapies
12. Oral therapy and anti-oxidants
13. PDE5i therapy
14. Surgical correction of Peyronie's disease
15. Plication surgery
16. Excision and Patch Grafting
17. Penile implants
18. On going research
19. Stem Cell and future treatments
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 14th May 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Giorgio Ivan Russo, MD is a urologist in the department of urology at the University of Catania in Italy. He is an active member of the faculty of Medicine and Surgery. He has presented at over seventeen conferences and acts as a reviewer for 13 journals. He has been the editor of The Journal of Urology and Research since June 2014.
Department of Urology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Dr. Andrea Cocci, PhD is a specialist in Urology and Andrology in Calenzano (Fi), Italy. He is a member of the Sexual and Reproductive Health Guidelines Panel, coordinator of the Uro-Facilities group of the SIU (Society of Urology) as well as member of the Web Committee of the Italian Society of Andrology. He has participated in 8 clinical studies spanning prostatis to clock studies and has experience with endoscopic, robotic and open urological surgery.
Researcher, Department of Urology, University of Florence, Careggi Hospital, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.