No other textbook gives physical therapy assistants complete, focused insight into their role in treating and managing common pediatric conditions. You'll find coverage of topics ranging from neurological rehabilitation to sports injuries and congenital disorders, as well as in-depth discussions of atypical development and pathologies. Each chapter follows a consistent, well-organized approach that defines each disorder, describes the appropriate physical therapy assessment and intervention, and rounds out the discussion with relevant case study examples based on established practice patterns.
- Chapters follow a consistent organization, first defining a disorder and then describing the appropriate physical therapy assessment and intervention.
- Case studies provide examples of physical therapy applications to help you connect theory and practice and build strong clinical reasoning skills.
- Special boxes highlight Clinical Signs, Interventions, and Case Studies to alert you to important information within the text.
- Practice patterns and case studies are formatted according to the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice to familiarize you with standardized terminology used in practice.
- Evolve® resources for students provide additional online activities for learning and self-evaluation.
Part 1: Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice
4. Transdisciplinary Pediatric Teams
Part 2: Neurologic and Muscular Disorders
5. Cerebral Palsy
6. Traumatic Brain Injury
7. Shaken Baby Syndrome
8. Rheumatic Diseases
Part 3: Congenital Disorders
9. Arthrogryposis Multiple Congenita
10. Down Syndrome
11. Spina Bifida
12. Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Part 4: Other Pediatric Conditions
14. Limb Deficiencies
16. Sports Injuries
Part 5: Special Considerations for Pediatric Practice
17. Therapeutic Intervention in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Environment
18. Seating and Mobility
Appendix: Answers to Chapter Discussion Questions
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2009
- 3rd September 2008
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy Department, Governors State University, University Park, IL
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.