- Chapters follow a consistent organization, first defining a disorder and then describing the appropriate physical therapy assessment and intervention.
- Case studies provide examples of physical therapy applications to help you connect theory and practice and build strong clinical reasoning skills.
- Special boxes highlight Clinical Signs, Interventions, and Case Studies to alert you to important information within the text.
- Practice patterns and case studies are formatted according to the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice to familiarize you with standardized terminology used in practice.
- Evolve® resources for students provide additional online activities for learning and self-evaluation.
4. Transdisciplinary Pediatric Teams
Part 2: Neurologic and Muscular Disorders
5. Cerebral Palsy
6. Traumatic Brain Injury
7. Shaken Baby Syndrome
8. Rheumatic Diseases
Part 3: Congenital Disorders
9. Arthrogryposis Multiple Congenita
10. Down Syndrome
11. Spina Bifida
12. Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Part 4: Other Pediatric Conditions
14. Limb Deficiencies
16. Sports Injuries
Part 5: Special Considerations for Pediatric Practice
17. Therapeutic Intervention in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Environment
18. Seating and Mobility
Appendix: Answers to Chapter Discussion Questions