Traditionally considered an adult disorder, type 2 diabetes in children has been steadily increasing in the past several years. This easy-to-read reference presents a succinct overview of clinically-focused topics covering diagnosis, treatment, management, and complications of type 2 diabetes mellitus in pediatric patients. An ideal reference for both pediatric endocrinologists as well as pediatricians, it’s an excellent overview of this fast-changing and complex field.
- Covers clinical presentation, diagnostic criteria, screening, and other topics related to diagnosis.
- Discusses complications such as hypertension, retinopathy, depression, PCOS, fatty liver, and more.
- Includes information on medications, lifestyle interventions, and surgical treatment.
- Consolidates today’s available information and experience in this timely area into one convenient resource.
Section 1: Introduction
1. Pathophysiology of Insulin Resistance and Type II Diabetes
Section 2: Clinical Presentation and Diagnosis
2. Clinical Presentation of Type II Diabetes
3. Diagnostic Criteria for Pediatriac Prediabetes
4. Screening and Diagnosis of Type II Diabetes
5. Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY)
Section 3: Complications
6. Hypertension, nephropathy and Type II Diabetes
7. Dyslipidemia and Type II Diabetes
8. Retinopathy and Type II Diabetes
9. Depression and Type II Diabetes
10. PCOS and Type II Diabetes
11. Type II Diabetes and Fatty Liver
Section 4: Treatment
12. Medications for the Treatment of Type II Diabetes
13. Surgical Treatment
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 10th December 2018
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Assistant Professor, Division of Endocrine, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, Washington
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.