I. Principles of Pediatric Toxicology
1. Overview of Childhood Poisoning
Poison Control Centers and Pediatrics
-a brief history of PCCs
-history of pediatricians in poison control
Epidemiology of Pediatric Poisoning and Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention of Childhood Poisoning
-anticipatory guidance in the office
-effects of legislation, child-proof caps, and "Mr. Yuk" etc.
-CPSC, medwatch, etc.
2. Pediatric Drug Metabolism
-including drug-drug interactions
3. Diagnosis of Pediatric Poisoning
Clinical Approach to the Poisoned Child
Laboratory Diagnosis of Poisoning
4. Gastrointestinal Decontamination of the Pediatric Patient
-include recommendation on home ipecac
5. Treatment of Pediatric Poisoning
Methods to Enhance Elimination of Toxins
Advanced Methods of Cardiorespiratory Support
6. Special Considerations Fetus
Neonate (including withdrawal) Breastfeeding
7. Child Abuse by Poisoning / Munch.-Syndrome-By Proxy
8. Dangerous Medications and Non- Toxic Exposures
9. Pediatric Preparation for Terrorism
ANALGESICS/ ANTI INFLAMMATORY / ANESTHETICS
11. Salicylates and NSAIDs
13. Topical Analgesics and Anesthetics
CARDIOV ASCULAR MEDICATIONS
14. Beta-adrenergic and Calcium-channel Antagonists
15. Cardiac Glycosides
16. Clonidine and Alpha-2 Agonists
17. Cyclic Antidepressants
18. MAOI, SSRI and Other Antidepressant Drugs
19. Antipsychotic Drugs
21. CNS Depressants
-barbiturates, benzodiazepines, etc.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 1950
- 12th December 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
Attending Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.