- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to the examination of infants and young children, starting with listening and moving on to touching, the pediatric assessment approach that yields the best results in this age group.
- More than 300 photos and line drawings facilitate learning and familiarize you with common assessment findings.
- Information Gathering tables highlight questions and data needed from the patient/guardian, with questions conveniently separated by age group, to help you take an accurate history.
- Charting examples show you how to record physical examination findings in the health record and acquaint you with documentation language and format.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight effective physical examination findings and techniques gleaned from actual practice.
- Coverage of assessment of the preterm infant equips you with practical tools for assessing this unique pediatric population.
- Full-color format facilitates readability and learning.
- An easy-access two-column format provides quick access to concise information.
- Spiral binding lets you lay the book flat or fold it back for easy visualization and quick reference in the clinical setting.
Unit I: General Assessment
- Approach to Care and Assessment of Children and Adolescents
- Assessment Parameters
- Developmental Surveillance and Screening
- Comprehensive Information Gathering
- Environmental Health History
- Heart and Vascular System
- Chest and Respiratory System
- Head and Neck
- Lymphatic System
- Nose, Mouth, and Throat
- Abdomen and Rectum
- Male Genitalia
- Male and Female Breast
- Female Genitalia
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurological System
- Charting Pediatric Comprehensive and Symptom-Focused Health Care Visits
Unit II: System-Specific Assessment
Unit III: Charting Pediatric Health Care Visits
Appendix A Gender- and Age-Specific Growth Charts and Preterm Growth Chart
Appendix B Body Mass Index−for−Age Growth Charts
Appendix C Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT)
Appendix D Pediatric Symptom Checklist
Appendix E Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Screener
Appendix F Pediatric Environmental History
Appendix G Sports Concussion Assessment Tool 2 (SCAT 2)