Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus is your one-stop source for comprehensive coverage of all the pediatric ophthalmic conditions you are likely to encounter in practice. Extensively updated with expert contributions from leaders in the field and now featuring online instructional videos, this ophthalmology reference delivers all the state-of-the-art guidance you need to effectively diagnose and manage even the most challenging eye diseases and disorders seen in children.
- Take a holistic approach to patient management that considers the family and ensures optimal doctor-patient relationships.
- Get a balanced view of etiology, diagnosis, and management, and access unique guidance on the practical problems encountered in real-life clinical cases.
- Impresses the importance of systemic disease in diagnosis and management.
Section 1: Epidemiology, Growth and Development
1. Epidemiology and World-wide Impact of Visual Impairment in Children
2. Clinical Embryology and Development of the Eye
3. Clinical Developmental Biology of the Eye
4. Clinical aspects of Normal and Abnormal Visual Development + DVM
5. Pre- and Post-natal growth of the eye and the visual system, emmetropization, refraction and refractive errors: current and developing treatments.
6. Milestones and Normative Data
Section 2: Core Practice
7. History, Examination and Further Investigation
8. Visual Electrophysiology: how it can help you and your patient
9. Imaging the fundus
10. Ophthalmic Genetics in your practice
Section 3: Infections, Allergic and External Eye Disorders
11. Toxoplasmosis and other intrauterine infections
12. Conjunctivitis of the Newborn
13. Preseptal and Orbital Cellulitis
15. External Eye Disease and the Oculocutaneous Disorders
16. Ocular Manifestations of HIV/AIDS in Children
Section 4: Systematic Paediatric Ophthalmology
Part 1: Disorders of the Eye as a Whole
17. Disorders of the Eye as a Whole
Part 2: Lids, Brows and oculoplastics
18. Developmental Anomalies of the Lids
19. Ptosis, other lid problems, eyelashes and sockets- practical management
20. Lid and Orbital Capillary Hemangiomas and other Vascular Disease
Part 3: Orbit and Lacrimal
21. Lacrimal System
22. Orbital Disease in Children
23. Neurogenic Tumours
25. Other Mesenchymal Abnormalities
26. Metastatic, Secondary & Lacrimal Gland Tumours
27. Histiocytic, Haematopoietic and Lymphoproliferative Disorders
28. Craniofacial Abnormalities
29. Cystic Lesions and Ectopias
30. Inflammatory Disorders
Part 4: External Disease and Anterior segment
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2013
- 22nd October 2012
- Saunders Ltd.
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Emeritus Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Professor Emeritus, Institute of Child Health, University College London; Director of Examinations, International Council of Ophthalmology, London, UK