A book on patient management problems in psychiatry aimed at trainee psychiatrists sitting the MRCPsych and similar examinations which allows self-testing by the candidate and gives advice on framing an answer together with complete model answers.
- A book on patient management problems in psychiatry, suitable for candidates for Part 2 of the MRCPsych and similar examinations.
- Up to date - takes account of recent changes to the PMP exam in 2003.
- Contains over 60 patient vignettes similar to those encountered in the exam - considerably more than most competing books.
- Vignettes have been reviewed by a panel of senior advisers who were involved in the recent changes to the MRCPsych exam.
- Gives systematic guidance on how to frame an answer, together with complete model answers for each vignette.
- Highly suitable for self testing and revision, both alone and in company with other candidates.
63 PMPs under the following headings –
Adult general psychiatry
Addiction and substance misuse disorders
Child and adolescent
Psychiatry of the elderly
Neurology in relation to psychiatry
Professional practice and relations
Psychopharmacology, psychotherapy and other treatments
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2005
- 15th June 2005
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
Specialist Registrar, South West London and St. George's Mental Health NHS Trust, London, UK
Specialist Registrar in Old Age Psychiatry, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, London, UK