Unit I: Pathophysiologic Processes
1. Introduction to Pathophysiology
2. Homeostasis and Adaptive Responses to Stressors
ALTERATIONS IN CELLULAR FUNCTION, GENETICS, AND DEVELOPMENT
Unit II: Cellular Function
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Cell Injury, Aging, and Death
5. Molecular Genetics and Tissue Differentiation
6. Genetic and Developmental Disorders
ALTERATIONS IN IMMUNE AND INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE
Unit III: Defense
8. Infectious Processes
9. Inflammation and Immunity
10. Alterations in Immune Function
11. Malignant Disorders of White Blood Cells
12. HIV Disease and AIDS
ALTERATIONS IN RESPIRATION AND TISSUE OXYGENATION
Unit IV: Oxygen Transport, Blood Coagulation, Blood Flow, and Blood Pressure
13. Alterations in Oxygen Transport
14. Alterations in Hemostasis and Blood Coagulation
15. Alterations in Blood Flow
16. Alterations in Blood Pressure
Unit V: Cardiac Function
17. Cardiac Function
18. Alterations in Cardiac Function
19. Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias: Common Sequelae of Cardiac Diseases
Unit VI: Respiratory Function
21. Respiratory Function and Alterations in Gas Exchange
22. Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders
23. Restrictive Pulmonary Disorders
ALTERATIONS IN FLUID BALANCE, EXCRETION, AND REPRODUCTION
Unit VII: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Homeostasis
24. Fluid and Electrolyte Homeostasis and Imbalances
25. Acid-Base Homeostasis and Imbalan
With dynamic full-color illustrations and an easy-to-read writing style, Pathophysiology, 4th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestation, and treatment of disease. Each unit covers a specific body system and begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology to prepare you for disease processes and abnormalities discussions. Coverage of the latest developments in pathophysiology and a wealth of student-friendly learning resources will help you understand all of the major degenerative, neoplastic, metabolic, immunologic and infectious diseases.
- Highlighted Key Points focus you on the most important information.
- Key Terms bolded within the text help you identify and understand new and important terms.
- Key Questions for every chapter emphasize important concepts and develop critical thinking skills needed for practice.
- Additional content on the Companion CD and the companion Evolve website provide more opportunities for learning with case study worksheets, additional exercises, animations, and much more.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes discuss the age-related changes associated with each body system.
- Frontiers in Research essays introduce each unit with an informative commentary on the history of scientific investigation, the current understanding, and potential future breakthroughs.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Chair of Nursing, Department of Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Indiana University -Purdue University, IPFW --Fort Wayne, Fort Wayne, IN
Associate Professor, WSU Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, WA