Introduction to Pathophysiology
PART ONE: CENTRAL CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: CELLS AND TISSUES
Unit I: The Cell
- Cellular Biology
- Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
- The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
- Genes and Genetic Diseases
- Genes, Environment, Life-style, and Common Diseases
- Innate Immunity: Inflammation
- Adaptive Immunity
- Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation
- Stress and Disease
- Biology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment of Cancer
- Cancer Epidemiology
- Cancer in Children
- Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
- Pain, Temperature Regulation, Sleep, and Sensory Function
- Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics and Motor Function
- Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction
- Neurobiology of Schizophrenia, Mood Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders
- Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
- Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation
- Alterations of Hormonal Regulation </
Unit II: Genes and Gene-Environment Interaction
Unit III: Mechanisms of Self-Defense
Unit IV: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer
PART TWO: PATHOPHYSIOLOGIC ALTERATIONS: ORGANS AND SYSTEMS
Unit V: The Neurologic System
Unit VI: The Endocrine System
Well-known for its authoritative and comprehensive coverage, complete treatment of pediatric pathophysiology, and the most extensive illustration program in its field, this textbook features expert content on everything from the general principles of pathophysiology to detailed discussions of genetics and specific diseases. Chapters on alteration present the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment of each disease to help you learn to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function in adults and in children.
- Unparalleled coverage of disease processes makes this text the most comprehensive pathophysiology text available.
- The largest full-color art program in the field illustrates the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes
- Consistent presentations of each disease with pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment help you find the information you need quickly and easily.
- Ten separate pediatric chapters cover the pathophysiologic effects on children.
- Aging content is highlighted throughout the text.
- An Introduction to Pathophysiology section at the beginning of the text provides a solid start to the basics of the study of disease.
- Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders illustrate the disease process in an easy-to-understand format.
- Nutrition and Disease boxes present evidence-based information on the relationship between health promotion through diet and disease.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT