This book has been primarily written for the second year students of BDS, though students of allied health and paramedical courses including nursing, occupational and physiotherapy may also benefit.
It has been written in a concise and easily assimilable style to enable rapid understanding and learning of the mechanism and morphology of disease.
It covers all areas recommended by Dental Council of India, comprehensively, with special emphasis on the "must know topics".
The contents are organized in a logical format that helps in easy conceptualization, as well as, recall of information during examination and subsequent clinical years.
This book enlists contrasting features of clinically and morphologically similar conditions, in a tabulated form, for further clarification of concepts.
It provides clinical correlation in all major subject areas to enable understanding of clinical situations and development of clinical decision making ability.
It is equipped with a large number of flowcharts, line and schematic diagrams, gross and micro-photographs along with the text, for better understanding of the topics.
Additional illustrations have been placed at the end of the book for further enhancing the student’s grasp of the subject.
The most contemporary concepts have been inserted in the chapters and presented in a reader friendly manner.
- Introduction to pathology.
- Normal cell - structure and function.
- Cellular adaptations.
- Cell injury and cell death.
- Cellular degenerations, intracellular accumulations and pathological calcification.
- Acute inflammation.
- Chronic inflammation.
- Healing and repair.
- Hemodynamic disorders.
- Infectious diseases.
- Diseases of immunity.
- Genetic diseases.
- General aspects of neoplasia.
- Pathogenesis and molecular basis of neoplasia.
- Laboratory diagnosis of neoplasms.
- Common specific tumours.
- Paediatric diseases.
- Environmental diseases.
- Nutritional diseases.
- Normal haematopoiesis.
- Normal haematological values and bone marrow examination.
- Disorders of erythrocytes.
- Disorders of leukocytes and lymphoreticular system.
- Bleeding and coagulation disorders.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Diseases of cardiovascular system.
- Diseases of oral cavity and salivary glands.
- Diseases of liver.
- Diseases of bone and joints.
- Basic principles of microscopy and ancillary techniques in pathology.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2017
- 23rd June 2017
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: