Written in a concise and assimilable style, the book provides exhaustive coverage of Pathology as per the requirements laid by the Dental Council of India.
- This book has been primarily written for the second year students of BDS, though students of allied health and paramedical courses, including nursing, occupational and physiotherapy, may also benefit.
- It has been written in a concise and easily assimilable style to enable rapid understanding and learning of the mechanism and morphology of disease.
- It covers all areas recommended by Dental Council of India, comprehensively, with special emphasis on the "must know topics".
- The contents are organized in a logical format that helps in easy conceptualization, as well as, recall of information during examination and subsequent clinical years.
- This book enlists contrasting features of clinically and morphologically similar conditions in a tabulated form for further clarification of concepts.
- It provides clinical correlation in all major subject areas to enable understanding of clinical situations and development of clinical decision making ability.
- It is equipped with a large number of flowcharts, line and schematic diagrams, gross and micro-photographs along with the text for better understanding of the topics.
- Additional illustrations have been placed at the end of the book for further enhancing the student's grasp of the subject.
- The most contemporary concepts have been inserted in the chapters and presented in a reader-friendly manner.
Section A General Pathology
1 Introduction to Pathology, Cellular Adaptations, Cell Injury, and Cell Death
2 Acute and Chronic Inflammation
3 Healing, Regeneration, and Repair
4 Hemodynamic Derangements
5 Diseases of Immunity
6 Neoplasia Including Common Specific Tumors
8 Genetic and Pediatric Diseases
9 Environmental and Nutritional Pathology
Section B Systemic Pathology
11 Blood Vessels and Heart
12 The Lung
13 Oral Cavity and Salivary Glands
14 Diseases of the Hepatobiliary System and Pancreas
15 Diabetes Mellitus
16 Musculoskeletal System
17 Basic Principles of Microscopy and Ancillary Techniques in Pathology
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2013
- 15th November 2012
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.