Partial Knee Arthroplasty helps you optimize outcomes using the latest best-practice techniques for this increasingly popular procedure. Drs. Keith R. Berend and Fred D. Cushner discuss recent advances and hot topics—such as custom guided implants, biologics, failed PKA, TKA conversion, and more—along with the challenges of choosing the right technique for each patient. The clear focus on surgical techniques, bulleted key points, and procedural videos on DVD and online at www.expertconsult.com make this comprehensive, practical reference ideal for learning how to achieve the best results.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a gallery of procedural videos.
- Master key techniques with videos online and on DVD that demonstrate spacer device insertion, patient selection, limited skin incision for Uni replacement, future techniques, bilateral unicompartmental arthroplasty, and more.
- Apply recent advances and best-practice techniques effectively thanks to global perspectives and analyses of surgical approaches.
- Improve patient outcomes with clear, direct, and focused coverage of surgical techniques.
- Find information quickly and easily with a bulleted format for convenient "at-a-glance" reference to key details and ease of use in a mobile environment.
1: Uni History and A Look to the Future
2: Classical Patient Selection
3: Indications for Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty
4: Spacer Devices - New and Old
5: Incidence of PKA - A Growing Phenomena
Section 2: Biologic Options
6: The Use of Biologics for Degenerative Joint Disease Of the Knee
7: Allografts for the Arthritic Knee
8: Non-Arthroplasty Treatment Options for Uni-DJD
Section 3: Techniques
9: Arthroplasty - A Technical Guide
10: Medial Uni Techniques - Fixed Bearing
11: Uni - Mobile Bearing Techniques
12: Medial Uni - Cementless Options
13: The Lateral Uni
14: Computer Guided Uni Technology
15: Custom Guided Implants and Uni Techniques
16: The Patella in Uni TKA
17: MIS - How I Do It: Medial Fixed Bearing Onlay Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty
Section 4: Outcomes
18: Uni-Mobile Bearing: Long-term Outcomes
19: Uni-Fixed Bearing - Long-term Outcomes
Section 5: Patella and Hybrid Options
20: Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Indications & Outcomes
21: Long-Term Patella-Femoral Progression
22: Hybrid Arthroplasty - 2 Compartment Approach
23: PF and Uni - An unlinked option
Section 6: Complications
24: Failure Modes of Unicompartmental Arthroplasty
25: The Failed Uni
26: The Painful Medial Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty
Section 7: Putting it All Together
27: Practical Issues in PKA - The Secrets for Success
28: Anesthesia, Pain Management, and Early Discharge PKA
29: DVT Prophylaxis Following Uni
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 1st September 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Associate; Joint Implant Surgeons, Inc.; New Albany, OH; US Associate Professor; Department of Orthopaedic Surgery; The Ohio State University; Columbus, OH; US
Director; ISK INSTITUTE; New York, NY; US Chairman, Orthopaedic Surgery; Southside Hospital; New York, NY; US