Please note – there is no print book, or print component to this purchase.
Paramedic Principles and Practice ANZ SLS provides access to 26 scenarios covering a wide range of common clinical presentations that paramedics working in Australia and New Zealand will experience.
Each scenario is accompanied by student-specific pre- and post-simulation activities, questions and recommended readings to encourage critical thinking and enhance clinical decision-making skills in preparation for placement.
Each simulation module includes:
- Implementation Module – guiding overview document to use pre-planning stage
- Algorithm Quick Card – shortened quick reference; outlining how the scenario will develop and what you expect to see in the patient
- Patient and Participant Response Guide – academic to use to make notes about how each team member performed
- Participant Role Badges – to print out and give to participants
- Situation Report Guide – includes key lines to trigger the student to think about something and set a scene
- Simulation Technician Notes – prompts about what to consider when setting up a scenario
- Observer Evaluation Rubric - evaluation tool, where observers can note areas for improvement
- Performance Checklist – defines the purpose of the scenario
- © Elsevier 2016
- 2nd May 2016
Director student development and support and lecturer in paramedicine, School of Medicine, Faculty of Health, University of Tasmania, Australia
Lecturer: Postgraduate and BHSc (Paramedic) programme. Whitireia New Zealand. Porirua, New Zealand.