Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Osseointegration of Orthopaedic Implants helps product developers at orthopedic implant manufacturers enhance the effectiveness of orthopedic implants and reduce complications, particularly in patients with osteoporotic bones. The book's expert contributors provide cutting-edge information on the latest technologies and advances available. Biomaterial researchers can use the book for basic data in the further development of orthopedic implant materials with better osseointegration. Biomechanical researchers can review related challenges and concepts of osseointegration for use in the development of implants. The book is suitable for readers from academia and industry, bridging the knowledge gap between academic based researchers, industrial based engineers, and clinical based surgeons.
- Reviews and discusses all aspects of orthopedic implant osseointegration
- Provides conceptual implants for bone fracture fixation and joint replacement
- Offers novel ideas for the development of orthopedic implants with superior osseointegration
Product Developers at orthopaedic implant manufacturers, Biomechanical researchers, Biomaterial researchers, Biomedical engineering lecturers and students, Medical implants institutes
Part I General topics in osteointegration
1. Biology of bone tissue
2. History of osteointegration
3. Basic science research and clinical findings of osteointegration
Part II Overview of orthopedic implants
4. Implant loosening
5. Bone fracture fixation implants
6. Joint replacement prostheses
7. Tissue engineering scaffolds
Part III Biomaterials for enhancement of osteointegration
8. Osteoconductive materials
9. Osteoinductive materials
10. Bioactive materials
Part IV Surface treatments for enhancement of osteointegration
11. Bioactive coating
12. Porous surface
13. Surface treatment
Part V Biological concepts and challenges of osteointegration
14. Bone tissue in-growth and on-growth
15. Body fluid rate effect on osteointegration
16. Osteoinductivity and Osteoconductivity
Part VI Mechanical concepts and challenges of osteointegration
17. Load transferring mechanism between bone and implant
18. Osteointegration in long term implantation
19. Stress shielding effect on osteointegration
20. Biomechanical concepts of scaffolding
Part VII Novel development concepts
21. Novel development concepts of implant osteointegration
22. Transition layer concept
23. Improvement of long term bioactivity at transition layer
24. Enhancement of load transferring at transition layer
25. Development of shape memory concept at transition layer
26. Promoting osteointegration of physiological loading cycles at early implantation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 16th March 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Amirhossein Goharian is a senior engineer in the orthopedic implant industry. He has challenged and improved various engineering areas of orthopedic implants since January 2009. He has worked in all areas of the product development process including design, engineering, testing, computational analysis, quality control, and clinical improvement. He is highly enthusiastic in the field of orthopedic implant development, and attempts to analyze the various engineering challenges using scientific fundamentals. His rigorous studies in conjunction with practical experiences have motivated him to become an author, through which he could share his in-depth knowledge in the engineering and scientific aspects of orthopedic implants from design conception to clinical use. He has previously authored 'Trauma Plating Systems' and 'Osseointegration of Orthopedic Implants' (both published by Elsevier) and 'Osseoconductive Surface Engineering for Orthopedic Implants' is his third book in the area of orthopedic implants. His main concerns and interests in publishing these books are in providing a comprehensive and updated resource for the effective incorporation of the biomechanical, material, biological, and clinical facets of the orthopedic area while simultaneously optimizing the implant design, technology, and features.
Independent Engineering Consultant in Orthopaedic Implant and Biomaterial Industry, Isfahan, Iran
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.