Build your skills in the assessment of musculoskeletal pathology! Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 7th Edition covers the principles of assessment for all of the body’s structures and joints, including topics such as gait, posture, the head and face, amputees, primary care, and sports emergencies. The 7th edition offers updated evidence-based reliability and validity tables. Written by noted PT educators David J. Magee and Robert C. Manske, this reference uses a systematic, evidence-based approach to prepare you for success in clinicals, board exams, and in rehabilitation practice.
- Over 2,500 full-color illustrations and photographs depict key concepts, along with assessment techniques and special tests.
- At-a-glance icons show the clinical utility of special tests, supplemented by updated, evidence-based reliability and validity tables for tests and techniques
- Quick-reference data includes hundreds of summary boxes, red-flag and yellow-flag boxes, differential diagnosis tables, muscle and nerve tables, and classification, normal values, and grading tables.
- A Summary (Précis) of Assessment in each chapter serves as a review of assessment steps.
- Combined with other books in the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation series — Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice, Pathology and Intervention, and Athletic and Sports Issues — this book provides you with the knowledge and background necessary to assess and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
1. Principles and Concepts
2. Head and Face
3. Cervical Spine
4. Temporomandibular Joint
7. Forearm, Wrist, and Hand
8. Thoracic (Dorsal) Spine
9. Lumbar Spine
13. Lower Leg, Ankle, and Foot
14. Assessment of Gait
15. Assessment of Posture
16. Assessment of the Amputee
17. Primary Care Assessment
18. Emergency Sports Assessment
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2021
- 26th April 2021
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Department of Physical Therapy Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.