Completely revised to feature a new, more modern design, Orthopaedic Surgical Approaches presents all of the latest imaging modalities and techniques used in orthopaedics today. This medical reference book captures the changes in this rapidly evolving field, equipping you with an expert, illustrative guide to the full array of common and contemporary surgical approaches, as well as the relevant regional anatomy. No matter what your level of training, this volume promises to be your go-to manual for acquiring new skills in the OR.
- Access an up-to-date anatomic review of surgical approaches , including new advances in arthroscopy, mini-open, robotic, and computer-assisted techniques.
- Easily reference key information with an organization based on anatomical region (including a review of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks and hazards) followed by procedure.
- Visualize the full range of contemporary surgical approaches used in orthopaedics with over 1,000 original, full-color drawings and color photographs.
- Gain insight into optimal patient positioning, see clear previews of anatomic landmarks and incisions, realize potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection, and learn techniques of closure.
- Introduction: Approach to the Surgical Patient
2. The Shoulder and Humerus
3. The Elbow and Forearm
4. The Wrist and Hand
5. The Spine
6. The Hip and Pelvis
7. The Knew and Lower Leg
8. The Foot and Ankle
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 17th July 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
S. Ward Casscells Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA
Dr. Shen cares for patients with spinal pathology through a combination of both operative and nonoperative techniques. When surgery is required, Dr. Shen combines both traditional open surgical techniques with cutting-edge minimal invasive techniques individualized to the patient's specific spine pathology. Dr. Shen's lab is also improving the future of patient care by applying tissue engineering principles to solve clinically relevant problems. He is dedicated to advancing the future of spine surgery by training not only post-doctorate research fellows, but also training the next generation of clinical spine surgeons as well. Dr. Shen has special expertise in surgery of the cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral spine, including anterior and posterior approaches. He also manages degenerative conditions, spinal deformity, trauma, tumors and infections of the spine. In addition to traditional open surgery, Dr. Shen also specializes in minimally invasive surgery, image guided spine surgery and microsurgery. Awards: 2016-2018 Best Doctors in America® List
Warren G Stamp Endowed Professor, Division Head, Spine Division, Director, Spine Fellowship, Co-Director, Spine Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia Health Science Center, Charlottesville, Virginia
Assistant Professor and Division Head of Adult Reconstruction, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, Virginia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.