Prevent athletic injuries and promote optimal recovery with the evidence-based guidelines and protocols inside Orthopaedic Rehabilitation of the Athlete! Practical, expert guidance; a templated, user-friendly format; and online videos of key rehabilitation exercises make this rehab reference ideal for any practitioner working with athletes!
"The book makes a useful contribution and may also be useful to novice learners".
Reviewed by: Kevin Brownhill, The British School of Osteopathy and osteopath in private practice Date: July 2015
- Apply targeted, evidence-based strategies for all internationally popular athletic activities , including those enjoyed by older adults.
- Ensure optimal care from injury prevention through follow up 2 years post injury.
- Make safe recommendations for non-chemical performance enhancement.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, along with downloadable patient handouts, rehabilitation videos, and more.
Part 1. Shoulder
1. Anterior Shoulder Instability
Nonoperative Rehabilitation Following Anterior Capsulolabral Injury
Postoperative Rehabilitation After Arthroscopic Anterior Shoulder Stabilization
Postoperative Rehabilitation After Open Anterior Stabilization of the Shoulder With or Withour Bone Grafting (Iliac Crest Graft, Latarjet Procedure)
2. Posterior Shoulder Instability
Postoperative Rehabilitation After Open or Arthroscopic Posterior Shoulder Stabilization
Beyond Basic Rehabilitation: Return to Football After Posterior Shoulder Stabilization
3. Multidirectional Shoulder Instability
Nonoperative Rehabilitation of Multidirectional Shoulder Instability
Postoperative Rehabilitation After Treatment of Multidirectional Shoulder Instability
Beyond Basic Rehabilitation: Return to Swimming After Treatment for Multidirectional Shoulder Instability
Superior Labral Pathology (SLAP/Long Head Biceps)
4. Superior Labral Pathology (SLAP/Long Head Biceps)
Nonoperative Rehabilitation of Slap Tears
Postoperative Rehabilitation After Treatment of Slap Tears
Beyond Basic Rehabilitation: Return to Pitching and Throwing After Slap Tear Repair
Beyond Basic Rehabilitation: Return to Volleyball After Labral Surgery (Slap Repair or Debridement and Decompression of Spinoglenoid Notch Cyst)
5. Biceps Tendon Disorders
Nonoperative Rehabilitation of Long Head of Biceps Tendinitis/Tendinosis
Postoperative Rehabilitation After Biceps Tenotomy and Tenodesis
Beyond Basic Rehabilitation: Return to Weightlifting After Biceps Tenodesis
Rotator Cuff Injuri
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 18th December 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: