- Coverage of surgical options and postsurgical rehabilitation for your patients with musculoskeletal disorders facilitates communication between therapists and physicians and improves the patient’s post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Updated content on orthopaedic surgical and rehabilitation procedures, including hyaline cartilage replacements, iliotibial band releases, ACL deficit knee, and much more puts the latest advances in the field at your fingertips.
- Case studies and clinical tips strengthen your problem-solving skills and maximize the safety, quality, and efficiency of care.
- Expert editors and contributors share their knowledge from years of practice and research in the field.
Part 1: Fundamental Principles
- Tissue Response
- Exercise Treatment for the Rehabilitation Patient: Cardiopulmonary and Peripheral Responses
- Theory and Practice of Muscle Strengthening in the Orthopedic Patient
- Rehabilitation and Strength Training Concepts – NEW!
- Screening for Referral – NEW!
- Upper Quarter Evaluation: Structural Relationships and Interdependence
- Influence of Cervical Spine on the Stomatognathic System
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Cervical Spine
- Differential Assessment and Mobilization of the Cervical and the Upper Thoracic Spine
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Shoulder
- Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Elbow – NEW FOCUS!
- Dysfunction Evaluation and Treatment of the Wrist and Hand
- Reconstructive Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Wrist and Hand
- Mobilization of the Upper Extremity
- Defining the Core in Rehabilitation: Evaluation and Basic Exercises – NEW!
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation—Advance Exercises – NEW!
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Stabilization Exercises in the Treatment of the Lumbar Spine
- New Advances in Lumbar Spine Surgery and Rehabilitation – NEW FOCUS!
- Lumbar Spine/ Hip/ Sacral Iliac Joint—Differential Soft Tissue Diagnosis and Treatment – NEW FOCUS!
Part 2: Upper Quarter
Part 3: Lower Quarter