Provide the best care for your patients by improving your technical and decision-making skills with this all-inclusive text. From basic sciences to detailed information on specific technologies and surgeries, this comprehensive resource has the content you need to expand your expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction. This 4th edition includes updated, revised, and new chapters to ensure you have the most helpful and clinically relevant information available.
- Coverage of surgical options and postsurgical rehabilitation for your patients with musculoskeletal disorders facilitates communication between therapists and physicians and improves the patient’s post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Updated content on orthopaedic surgical and rehabilitation procedures, including hyaline cartilage replacements, iliotibial band releases, ACL deficit knee, and much more puts the latest advances in the field at your fingertips.
- Case studies and clinical tips strengthen your problem-solving skills and maximize the safety, quality, and efficiency of care.
- Expert editors and contributors share their knowledge from years of practice and research in the field.
Part 1: Fundamental Principles
- Tissue Response
- Exercise Treatment for the Rehabilitation Patient: Cardiopulmonary and Peripheral Responses
- Theory and Practice of Muscle Strengthening in the Orthopedic Patient
- Rehabilitation and Strength Training Concepts – NEW!
- Screening for Referral – NEW!
- Upper Quarter Evaluation: Structural Relationships and Interdependence
- Influence of Cervical Spine on the Stomatognathic System
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Cervical Spine
- Differential Assessment and Mobilization of the Cervical and the Upper Thoracic Spine
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Shoulder
- Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Elbow – NEW FOCUS!
- Dysfunction Evaluation and Treatment of the Wrist and Hand
- Reconstructive Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Wrist and Hand
- Mobilization of the Upper Extremity
- Defining the Core in Rehabilitation: Evaluation and Basic Exercises – NEW!
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation—Advance Exercises – NEW!
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Stabilization Exercises in the Treatment of the Lumbar Spine
- New Advances in Lumbar Spine Surgery and Rehabilitation – NEW FOCUS!
- Lumbar Spine/ Hip/ Sacral Iliac Joint—Differential Soft Tissue Diagnosis and Treatment – NEW FOCUS!
- Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation of the Hip Complex
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Knee
- Surgery of the Knee and Rehabilitation Principles
- Normal and Abnormal Mechanics of the Foot and Ankle – NEW FOCUS!
- Overview of Foot Orthotics and Perscription
- New Advances in Foot and Ankle Surgery and Rehabiliation
- Mobilization of the Lower Extremity
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Somatosensory, Vestibular, and Visual Sensory Integration – NEW!
- EMG Analysis of Manual Muscle Testing and Exercise – NEW!
- Evaluation and Treatment of Neural Tissue Pain Disorders
Part 2: Upper Quarter
Part 3: Lower Quarter
Part 4: Special Considerations
Appendix 1: Manual Therapy Techniques for the Thoracolumbar Spine
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2009
- 27th July 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
National Director, Sports Specific Rehabilitation; Developer, Strengthen Your Game Rehabilitation and Performance Enhancement Programs for Athletes, Las Vegas, NV
Physiotherapy Associates, Lilburn, GA; National Director of Clinical Research, Physiotherapy Associates, Memphis, TN; Instructor, Division of Physical Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.