Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This volume pulls together a wealth of up-to-date information on the toxicology of this diverse and ubiquitous class of insecticides. Leading experts review the reactivity of organophosphorus compounds with cholinesterase, as well as their metabolism and biological effects on humans and other nontarget organisms. The book not only covers the anticholinesterase actions of organophosphates, but also other, presumably independent, effects, such as teratogenicity, delayed neuropathy, immunotoxicity, and behavioral toxicity.
- Offers crucial overviews of chemical and biochemical reactivity and biological responsiveness of mainly nontarget organisms
- Reviews new developments in assessment of metabolism and disposition of organophosphorus compounds
- Examines organophosphorus compound-induced toxicity mediated by mechanisms other than
inhibition of acetylcholinesterase
- Covers new research on differences in toxicity induced by the variety of organophosphorus
- Analyzes current controversies on the relevance of certain biochemical parameters in actual organophosphate toxicity in vivo
Toxicologists, pesticide chemists, environmental scientists, public health specialists, and pharmacologists
(Section Headings): Introduction. Metabolic Fate. Toxic Effects--Noncholinergic Biochemical. Toxic Effects--Organismal. Summary and Conclusions.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1992
- 22nd October 2013
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mississippi State University, U.S.A.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, U.S.A.