Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Organofluorine Chemistry: Synthesis and Applications gives a comprehensive outlook on modern synthetic methodologies for organofluorine compounds, illustrates chemical-, biochemical- and materials applications of fluorine-containing compounds, including synthesis and applications of fluorinated nanoscopic materials for drug delivery and catalysis, synthesis and clinical and diagnostic applications of PET imaging agents, green chemistry, organometallic catalysis, and incorporates emerging topics in fluorine-containing pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals and fine chemicals. This book incorporates topics that are of interest to academic scientists, graduate and undergraduate students, hence it is unique when compared to currently available books on organofluorine chemistry.
- Provides modern synthetic methods for, and reactions of, organofluorine compounds
- Incorporates the synthesis and chemical, biochemical and biomedical applications of fluorine-containing compounds, nanomaterials, PET imaging agents, pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals
- Incorporates emerging "hot" topics, such as C-H, C-F activation and organometallic catalysis
- Illustrates recent advances in fluorous reagents and solvents and their applications in green chemistry and catalysis
Organofluorine chemists but, especially for those in interdisciplinary areas in chemical-, biochemical-, and biomedical engineering, materials science, and medicinal chemistry. Academic researchers and industrial scientists interested in synthetic and interdisciplinary aspects of fluorine chemistry. Advanced level graduate/senior undergraduate courses in organofluorine chemistry
1. Nucleophilic Fluorination and Fluoroalkylation
2. Electrophilic Fluorination and Fluoroalkylation
3. Free-radical Fluoroalkylation
4. Organotransition Metal Catalysis in Fluorinations and Fluoroalkylations
5. Pharmaceutical Applications of Organofluorine compounds
6. Synthesis and Applications of 18F-Labeled Compounds
7. Materials Applications of Organofluorine compounds
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st March 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Prakash Reddy is currently active in research and teaching at the Missouri University of Science and Technology. He has received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, and M.Phil. from the University of Hyderabad, India. He was an Adjunct and Visiting Professor at nationally reputed universities prior to joining Missouri University of Science and Technology in 2000. He received the Golden Key National Honor Society award for teaching excellence at Case Western Reserve University, and was a NASA Faculty Fellow at Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA. He has research interests in synthetic, mechanistic, and biological organic chemistry, and has significantly contributed to the area of carbocations and electrophilic reactions, superacids, and organofluorine chemistry
Missouri University of Science and Technology, MO, USA