Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Organic Farming: Global Perspectives and Methods explores the core definition and concepts of organic farming in sustainability, its influence on the ecosystem, the significance of seed, soil management, water management, weed management, the significance of microorganisms in organic farming, livestock management, and waste management. The book provides readers with a basic idea of organic farming that presents advancements in the field and insights on the future. Written by a team of global experts, and with the aim of providing a current understanding of organic farming, this resource is valuable for researchers, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows from academia and research institutions.
- Presents the basic principles of organic farming and sustainable development
- Discusses the role of soil in organic agriculture
- Addresses various strategies in seed processing and seed storing, seed bed preparation, watering of seeds and seed quality improvement
- Includes updated information on organic fertilizers and their preparation techniques
Researchers, post-doctoral fellows, academicians and industry related to agriculture, farming
1. Contribution of Organic Farming Towards Global Food Security: An Overview
2. Fertilizer Management Strategies for Enhancing Nutrient use Efficiency and Sustainable Wheat Production
3. Pest Control
4. Fertilizers: Need for New Strategies
5. Integrated Weed Management in Organic Farming
6. Role of Microorganisms (Mycorrhizae) in Organic Farming
7. No-Till Organic Farming may be Possible with a System Approach
8. Interactions Between Flowering Plants and Arthropods in Organic Agroecosystems: A Review and a Case Study
9. Fertilizer Management Strategies for Sustainable Rice Production
10. Future Perspective in Organic Farming Fertilization: Management and Product
11. Understanding Organic Agriculture Through a Legal Perspective
12. Bioenergy Production and Organic Agriculture
13. The Potential of Agro-Ecological Properties in Fulfilling The Promise of Organic Farming: A Case Study of Bean Root Rots and Yields in Iran
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 23rd November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Sarath Chandran is currently involved with the various projects of Inter University Centre for Organic Farming (IUCOFSA) which involve (a) Synthesis of biogas, biofuel and bio fertilizer using water hyacinth- funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), India, a study on the Use of Molecularly Imprinted Polymers for the detection, estimation and removal of pesticides from farmland- Project funded by Kerala State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) and a study on Converting abandoned wetland as productive land: a “live laboratory” model for sustainable agriculture- project funded by the Government of Kerala.
School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India, School of Sciences, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria and International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Sri. Unni M. R., is the Hon. Director of Inter University Center for Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. He is also the Registrar, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Inter University Center for Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture, Mahatma Gandhi University, Registrar, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India
Prof. Sabu Thomas is currently serving as Vice-Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India. He is also a full professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, since 1998. He was previously Pro-Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University 2017-2018, Director of School of Chemical Science during 2010-2013, and Hon. Director of International & Inter-University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2009-2015 and 2016-17. In 2015, Prof. Thomas received his first Doctorate Honoris Causa from University of Southern Brittany in Lorient, France. In 2016, he received his second Doctorate Honoris Causa from University of Lorraine, France. He was awarded the Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, London, FRSC in 2012. He received the Bronze Medal of the Chemical Research Society of India and the MRSI Medal of the Material Research Society of India in 2013. He was the recipient of Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Award 2017. He also received TRiLA Academician of the year 2018 award. Prof. Thomas has published over 1,000 publications, and more than 100 books.
Vice Chancellor and Full Professor, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.