Table of Contents
1. An Animal is a Chemist's Best Friend
2. Hats off to Organic!
3. Tools of Our Trade
4. Edifice Complexes
5. Chemistry is No Flask in the Pan
6. We Aren't All Squares!
7. The Well-Furnished Chemical Domicile
8. Food for the Palate and the Mind
9. Join Organic and See the World
10. Our Colleagues and Some Other Folks
11. Elements, My Dear Watson
12. Our Molecules are Really Built!
13. Don't Just Stand There. Do Something!
14. We've Got Your Number-and Your Letter
15. Molecules Have Home Towns, Too!
16. Everything Equals the Sum of Its Parts
17. I Want to Be Alone!
18. That's the Way it Goes!
19. It's the Principle of the Thing
A. Brief Etymology of Some Traditional Chemical Names
B. Origins of Element Names
C. Latin and Greek Terms for Numbers
D. Numerical Prefixes in Chemical Words
E. Greek Alphabet
F. Nobel Prizes in the Sciences
- No. of pages: 360
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Pergamon 1987
- Published: January 1, 1987
- Imprint: Pergamon
- eBook ISBN: 9781483145235
About the Authors
Ernest F. Silversmith
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Organic Chemistry: The Name Game"