This title has been authored by practitioners working primarily in the UK.
This textbook of oral and maxillofacial surgery is directed at dentists in training and newly qualified practitioners. The book aims to provide the theoretical background to a range of common procedures to assist in the DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS required in diagnosis, treatment planning, and active surgical and postoperative management.
The book has been prepared by a variety of authors, all of whom have extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate education in oral and maxillofacial surgery and whose views represent those of UK mainstream dental schools.
- New edition of a highly successful ‘skills based’ textbook on oral and maxillofacial surgery, liberally illustrated in full colour
- Ideal subject coverage for those who are, or who will become, general dental practitioners, i.e. comprehensive coverage of diagnosis and oral surgery with a discussion of with maxillofacial surgery suitable for the early years of training
- Clear identification of conditions and procedures suitable for the general dental practitioner, and of those requiring referral
- Procedures clearly illustrated when routinely carried out in general practice
- Learning objectives, lists of assumed knowledge and summary boxes provided to make learning easier
- Ideal as a ‘dip in’ book for using in parallel with lectures and ‘small group’ learning, or in relation to specific patients seen
- © Churchill Livingstone 2007
- 30th July 2007
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Senior Lecturer in Oral Surgery, Leeds Dental Institute, Leeds, UK
Emeritus Professor of Oral Surgery, Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, The University of Birmingham, School of Dentistry, Birmingham, UK