Section one -- introduction
1) The curse of inactivity, obesity, and other factors for older people.
2) Evidence for the effectiveness of physical activity & exercise interventions in the elderly.
1) Why physical activity and exercise need continuation.
2) Factors that contribute to inactivity
3) Physical activity and exercise in the health management of adults, the old, and the very old.
4) Lifestyle, nutrition and other factors that could assist physical activity, health and well-being.
5) Biomechanics and ergonomic considerations in the prevention of injury and the maintenance of healthy activity levels
6) Promoting physical activity & health in rural communities
Section two -- Different population groups
7) Maintaining physical activity and health in an ageing work force
8) Promoting and maintaining health & physical activity in older women
9) Promoting exercise and physical activity in older people with movement disorders
10) Prescribed physical activity and exercise in the management of osteoarthritis.
11) Maintaining physical activity and exercise after joint replacement
12) advice, guidelines and sample programs
13) Health promotion
a)First-aid procedures after musculoskeletal injuries.
b) What is overweight.
c) How to calculate ideal weight.
d) The ideal heart rate during exercise.
e) How to measure heart rate.
f) List of relevant adherence factors in the areas of physical activity and exercise.
g) References for health professionals.
h) educational material that can be understood by persons with lower levels of literacy and that can be copied by the health professional. These handouts can be used to assist in the management of specific chronic conditions or to facilitate exercise adherence.
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2004
- 5th December 2003
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.