@bul:* One of the hottest subjects of today's technology
* Includes the most up-to-date research available in optical fiber telecommunications
* Projects the trends in telecommunications for the 21st century
Table of Contents
- (Volume B): I.P. Kaminow: Introduction. J.L. Zyskind, J.A. Nagel and H.D. Kidorf, Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers for Optical Communications: Introduction. Properties of EDFAs. Terrestrial Applications for EDFAs. Submarine Systems. Optical Amplifiers for Analog Video Transmission. Optical Amplifiers for Optical Networking. Conclusions. D.A. Fishman and B.S. Jackson, Transmitter and Receiver Design for Amplified Lightwave Systems: Introduction. DesignIntricacies of Laser Transmitters. Receivers for Optically Amplified Systems. Systems Performance Metrics. Multiple Wavelength Systems. Provisions for Performance Monitoring in Long Amplified Systems. T.L. Koch, Laser Sources for Amplified and WDM Lightwave Systems: Introduction. Low-Chirp Transmission Sources. WDM Sources. Conclusions. C. Joyner, Advances in Semiconductor Laser Growth and Fabrication Technology: Introduction. New Sources and Growth Apparatus. Band Structure Engineering via Strained Multiquantum Wells. Selective Area Growth. Selective Area Etching. Beam Expanded Lasers. Conclusion. L.A. Coldren and B.J. Thibeault, Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers: Introduction. Structures. Design Issues. Growthand Issues. Integration: Photonic and Optoelectronic. Applications. A.E. White and S.G. Grubb, Optical Fiber Components and Devices: Introduction. Fiber Amplifiers and Related Components. Applications of Fiber Gratings. High-Power Fiber Lasers and Amplifiers. Upconversion Fiber Lasers and Amplifiers.Y.P. Li and C.H. Henry, Silicon Optical Bench Waveguide Technology: Introduction. Materials and Fabrication. Design. Transmission Loss. Couplers and Splitters. Mach-Aehnder and FourierFilter Multiplexers. Array Waveguide Devices. Bragg Reflection. Wavelength and Polarization Control. Amplification in Erbium Doped Waveguides. Integrated Optical Switches. Hybrid Integration. Conclusion. F. Heismann, S.K. Korotky and J.J. Veselka,Lithium Niobate Integrated-Optics: Selected Contemporary Devices and System Applications: Introduction. High Speed Phase and Amplitude Modulators and Switches. Electrooptic Polarization Controllers and Modulators. Electrooptic and Acoustooptic Wavelength Filters. Summary and Conclusions. E.J. Murphy, Photonic Switching:Introduction. Optical Switching Overview. Technology Advances. Device Demonstrations. System Demonstrations and Advances. Summary and Comments. Conclusions. Subject Index.
- No. of pages: 784
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1997
- Published: March 31, 1997
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080923963
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Optical Fiber Telecommunications III"