- Optical Coherence Tomography is a new medical high-resolution imaging technology which offers distinct advantages over current medical imaging technologies and is attracting a large number of researchers.
- Provides non-scientists and non-engineers basic understanding of Optical Coherence Tomography applications and issues.
Table of Contents
- Foreword; Section I:The Basics (math, waves, etc.) for the Nonphysical Scientist; Light and Electromagnetic Waves; Light in Matter; Interference, Coherence, Diffraction, and Transfer Functions; Section II: Optical Coherence Tomography: Theory; Optoelectronics And Optical Components; Noise and System Performance with TD-OCT and SD-OCT; Polarization and Polarization Sensitive OCT (PS-OCT); Adjuvant Techniques: Absorption Spectroscopy, Contrast Probes, Phase Contrast, Elastography, and Entangled Photons; Doppler Optical Coherence Tomography; Digital Image Processing Techniques for Speckle Reduction, Enhancement and Segmentation of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Images; Section III: Application of OCT to Clinical Imaging: Introduction; Other Technologies; Introduction to Clinical Research Design and Analysis; OCT in Cardiovascular Medicine; OCT in Musculoskeletal Disease; OCT in Oncology; Other Applications and Conclusions; Index
- No. of pages: 632
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2006
- Published: August 25, 2006
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080464947
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780121335700
About the Author
Mark E. Brezinski
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Optical Coherence Tomography"