Marshall et al.: On Call Neurology, 4th edition
1. Approach to the Neurologic Patient on Call: History Taking, Differential Diagnosis, and Anatomic Localization
2. The Neurologic Examiniation
3. Diagnostic Studies
Patient-Related Problems: The Common Calls
4. Acute Seizures and Status Epilepticus
5. Stupor and Coma
6. Acute Stroke
7. Spinal Cord Compression
8. Delirium and Amnesia
9. Head Injury
10. Focal Mass Lesions
11. Ataxia and Gait Failure
12. Acute Visual Disturbances
13. Increased Intracranial Pressure
14. Dizziness and Vertigo
16. Neuromuscular Respiratory Failure
18. Pain Syndromes
19. Brain Death
Selected Neurologic Disorders
20. Nerve and Muscle Diseases
21. Demyelinating and Inflammatory Disorders of the Central Nervous System
22. Infections of the Central Nervous System
24. Cerebrovascular Disease
25. Movement Disorders
26. Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
27. Pediatric Neurology
Ideal for any on-call professional, resident, or medical student, this popular reference covers the common problems you’ll encounter while on call in the hospital. On Call Neurology, 4th Edition, by Drs. Randolph S. Marshall and Stephan A. Mayer, fits perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations. You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call - from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
- Features a logical, highly templated format so you can locate key information quickly.
- Reviews the indications for, and complications of, common neurodiagnostic tests.
- Delivers consistent, easy-to-follow coverage of the most common on-call problems and approaches, including what to do from the initial phone call, questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation, "Elevator Thoughts," how to immediately identify major threats to life, what to do at the bedside, and how to avoid common mistakes for every call.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 5th March 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
William T. Gossett Chair of Neurology Co-Director, Neuroscience Institute Henry Ford Health System Professor of Neurology Wayne State University School of Medicine Detroit, Michigan
Elisabeth K Harris Professor of Neurology Chief, Stroke Division Department of Neurology Columbia University Irving Medical Center New York, New York
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.