Successfully managing on-call situations requires a masterful combination of speed, skill, and knowledge. When you're on call...alone...in the middle of the night...On Call Neurology provides you with immediate access to the vital, step-by-step information you need to rise to the occasion! For every complaint, it guides you through the initial evaluation, differential diagnosis, neurologic examination, and treatment planning, so you can face any problem with confidence!
- Walks you through the patient examination so you can focus on the most important neurologic features.
- Reviews the indications for, and complications of, common neurodiagnostic tests.
- Offers assistance in writing orders and providing comprehensive, complete workups.
- Features the very latest information on Headache · Demyelinating Diseases · Infections of the Central Nervous System · Dementia · and more.
- Provides an On Call Formulary covering the most common neurologic medications.
1. Approach to the Neurologic Patient On Call: History Taking, Differential Diagnosis, and Anatomic Localization
2. The Neurologic Examination
3. Diagnostic Studies
Patient-Related Problems: The Common Calls
4. Seizures and Status Epilepticus
5. Stupor and Coma
6. Acute Stroke
7. Spinal Cord Compression
9. Head Injury
10. Ataxia and Gait Failure
11. Acute Visual Disturbances
12. Increased Intracranial Pressure
13. Dizziness and Vertigo
15. Neuromuscular Respiratory Failure
17. Pain Syndromes
18. Amnesia and Dementia
19. Brain Death
20. Nerve and Muscle Diseases
21. Demyelinating and Inflammatory Disorders of the Central Nervous System
22. Infections of the Central Nervous System
24. Cerebrovascular Disease
25. Movement Disorders
26. Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
27. Pediatric Neurologic Emergencies
A-1. Muscles of the Neck and Brachial Plexus
A-2. Muscles of the Perineum and Lumbosacral Plexus
A-3. Brachial Plexus
A-4. Lumbar Plexus
A-5. Sensory Dermatome Map
A-6. Mini-Mental State Examination
A-7. Surface Map of the Brain
A-8. Nuclei of the Brainstem
A-9. Surface Anatomy of the Brainstem
B. On-Call Formulary: Commonly Prescribed Medications in Neurology
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2007
- 1st June 2007
- Paperback ISBN:
Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology; Co-Director, Cerebral Localization Laboratory; Associate Attending Neurologist, New York- Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons; Director, Neurological Intensive Care Unit; Associate Attending Neurologist, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY