Offshore Blowouts: Causes and Control
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
This book, based on the SINTEF Offshore Blowout Database, thoroughly examines U.S. Gulf of Mexico and Norwegian and UK North Sea blowouts that occurred from 1980 to 1994. This book reveals the operations that were in progress at the onset of the blowouts and helps you learn from the mistakes of others.
Table of Contents
- Introduction. Blowouts and Fatal Accident Rates. Blowout Barriers and Analyses. SINTEF Offshore Blowout Database. Overview of Blowout Data. Drilling Blowouts. Completion Blowouts. Workover Blowouts. Production Blowouts. Wireline Blowouts. U.S. Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf vs. North Sea Blowout Frequencies. Glossary. References.
- No. of pages: 176
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Gulf Professional Publishing 1997
- Published: August 11, 1997
- Imprint: Gulf Professional Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780080524078
About the Author
Per Holland, Ph.D.
Affiliations and Expertise
Per Holand, Ph.D., is senior research engineer at SINTEF Industrial Management, Trondheim, Norway, where he performs safety and reliability evaluations of technical offshore systems.
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Offshore Blowouts: Causes and Control"