This new companion to Office Orthopedics for Primary Care, 3rd Edition, provides straightforward, in-depth, full-color guidance on the diagnosis of 52 of the most common musculoskeletal problems seen in today's clinical settings. It spells out exactly what to look for during the physical examination and in what sequence, providing readers with the knowledge they need to effectively diagnose these problems. Lavish, full-color photographs and line drawings enhance the text and make concepts easier to understand.
- Features the expertise of Dr. Bruce Carl Anderson, a world authority on orthopedic practice in primary care.
- Presents proven "how-to's" of diagnosis for the 52 most common orthopedic problems.
- Features detailed descriptions and lavish illustrations—with hundreds of color photographs—to show every aspect of proper diagnosis.
- Provides comprehensive treatment reference tables that list best-practice treatments, procedures, and equipment, such as supports, braces, and casts.
- Gives cross-references to the companion volume, Office Orthopedics for Primary Care, 3rd Edition.
- Includes many at-a-glance tables showing diagnostic tips and features, clinical pearls, and differential diagnoses.
Section I The 52 Most Common Outpatient Orthopedic Conditions
Chapter 1 Neck
Chapter 2 Shoulder
Chapter 3 Elbow
Chapter 4 Wrist
Chapter 5 Hand
Chapter 6 Chest
Chapter 7 Back
Chapter 8 Hip
Chapter 9 Knee
Chapter 10 Ankle
Chapter 11 Foot
Section II Fractures
Chapter 12 Fractures Frequently Encountered in Primary Care
Section III Exercise Instruction Sheets
Chapter 13 Exercise Instructions for Home Physical Therapy
Section IV Supports, Braces, and Casts
Chapter 14 The Most Commonly Used Supports, Braces, and Casts
Fractures, Medications, Lab Values
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2005
- 7th December 2005
- Paperback ISBN:
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR; Director, Medical Orthopedic Department, Sunnyside Medical Center, Portland, OR
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.