1. Pathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours
2. Epidemiology, genetics and screening of oesophageal and gastric cancer
3. Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer
4. Pre-operative assessment and peri-operative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery
5. Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus
6. Treatment of early oesophageal cancer
7. Surgery for cancer of the stomach
8. Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer
9. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer
10. Palliative treatment of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach
11. Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms
12. Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
13. Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
14. Revisional oesophago-gastric surgery
15. Barrett's oesophagus
16. The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus
17. Para-oesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus
18. Oesophago-gastric emergencies for the specialist surgeon
19. Obesity and assessment for bariatric surgery
20. Bariatric surgical procedures and peri-operative management
21. Follow up, late complications and outcomes of bariatric surgery
Oesophagogastric Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose six volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for trainee and specialist general surgeons.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within the major sub-specialties of general surgery.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 2nd July 2018
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK