- Pathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours
- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery
- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus
- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer
- Surgery for cancer of the stomach
- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach
- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms
- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Revisional oesophagogastric surgery
- Barrett’s oesophagus
- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus
- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus
- Oesophageal emergencies
- Obesity and assessment for metabolic surgery
- Bariatric operations and perioperative care
- Follow-up and late complications of bariatric surgery
Oesophagogastric Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
For this Sixth Edition the authorship team across the series has been expanded to include additional European and World experts, with an increased emphasis on global practice. Throughout all six volumes the contents have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence. Detailed supportive key references are provided and are also included within the comprehensive list of references in the accompanying ebook. Links to recommended online videos have been added where appropriate.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within the major sub-specialties of general surgery.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 22nd June 2018
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Surgery, Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgeon, Department of Upper GI Surgery, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.