Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
OCEB 2 Certification Guide, Second Edition has been updated to cover the new version 2 of the BPMN standard and delivers expert insight into BPM from one of the developers of the OCEB Fundamental exam, offering full coverage of the fundamental exam material for both the business and technical tracks to further certification. The first study guide prepares candidates to take—and pass—the OCEB Fundamental exam, explaining and building on basic concepts, focusing on key areas, and testing knowledge of all critical topics with sample questions and detailed answers. Suitable for practitioners, and those newer to the field, this book provides a solid grounding in business process management based on the authors’ own extensive BPM consulting experiences.
- Completely updated, with the latest material needed to pass the OCEB-2 and BPMN Certification
- Includes sample test questions in each chapter, with answers in the appendix
- Expert authors provide a solid overview of business process management (BPM)
Software developers, project managers, business analysts, process owners and those with some exposure to or experience with Business Process Management; also students in certificate programs in BPM or studying IT, project management, or software development
Chapter 1: Getting Started
- 1.1 Sense and Nonsense of Certifications
- 1.2 The OCEB2 Certification Program
- 1.3 Object Management Group
- 1.4 Certification Process
Chapter 2: Basic Principles of Business Management
- 2.1 Business Functions, Markets, and Strategies
- 2.2 Marketing, Added Value, and Project Management
- 2.3 Efforts and Key Figures
- 2.4 Analysis Methods
- 2.5 Sample Questions
Chapter 3: Basic Principles of Business Processes
- 3.1 What is a Business Process?
- 3.2 Characteristics of a Business Process
- 3.3 Discovering Business Processes
- 3.4 Degrees of Abstraction of Process Descriptions
- 3.5 Sample Questions
Chapter 4: Basic Principles of Business Process Management
- 4.1 What is Business Process Management?
- 4.2 Process-Focused Organization
- 4.3 Business Process Management Suites
- 4.4 Designing Executable Process Models
- 4.5 Sample Questions
Chapter 5: Business Modeling
- 5.1 The Business Motivation Model
- 5.2 The Enterprise's End
- 5.3 Means to an End
- 5.4 Influencer
- 5.5 Assessments
- 5.6 Organization Unit
- 5.7 Levels of Abstraction in Modeling
- 5.8 Sample Questions
Chapter 6: Modeling Business Processes Using BPMN
- 6.1 Who or What is BPMN?
- 6.2 In a Nutshell: An Introduction to BPMN
- 6.3 Token
- 6.4 Sequence Flow
- 6.5 Activities
- 6.6 Gateways
- 6.7 Events
- 6.8 Swimlanes and Message Flows
- 6.9 Artifacts and Data Objects
- 6.10 Sample Questions
Chapter 7: Frameworks
- 7.1 Definitions
- 7.2 Process Frameworks
- 7.3 Quality Frameworks
- 7.4 Regulations and Governance Frameworks
- 7.5 Management Frameworks
- 7.6 Sample Questions
- A.1 Coverage Map OCEB2 Fundamental
- A.2 Solutions
- No. of pages:
- © Morgan Kaufmann 2017
- 15th July 2016
- Morgan Kaufmann
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Tim Weilkiens is a Managin Director of oose Innovative Informatik GmbH. He is the author of numerous books and other publications and content development of the OCEB certification program.
member of the executive board, consultant and trainer at oose Innovative Informatik eG , Germany
Christian Weiss is Managing Consultant at Holisticon AG and engages himself as a consultant and coach in business process management, agile project management, and Internet of Things. He particularly focuses on supporting large enterprises in implementing fast, automated business processes and agile practices.
managing consultant at Holisticon AG, Germany
Andrea Grass is a member of oose Innovative Informatik eG. For many years, she has supported enterprises in deploying agile project management. In addition to that, she holds trainings and coachings on business process management and enterprise architectures.
consultant and coach at oose Innovative Informatik eG, Germany
member of the executive board, consultant and trainer at oose Innovative Informatik eG, Germany
Member of the board and trainer, oose Innovative Informatik eG, Germany