Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ocean Energy Modeling and Simulation with Big Data: Computational Intelligence for System Optimization and Grid Integration offers the fundamental and practical aspects of big data solutions applied to ocean and offshore energy systems. The book explores techniques for assessment of tidal, wave and offshore wind energy systems. It presents the use of data mining software to simulate systems and Hadoop technology to evaluate control systems. The use of Map Reduce algorithms in systems optimization is examined, along with the application of NoSQL in systems management. Actual data collection through web-based applications and social networks is discussed, along with practical applications of recommendations.
- Introduces computational methods for processing and analyzing data to predict ocean energy system production, assess their efficiency, and ensure their reliable connection to power grids
- Covers data processing solutions like Hadoop, NoSQL, Map Reduce and Lambda, discussing their applications in ocean energy for system design and optimization
- Provides practical exercises that demonstrate the concepts explored in each chapter
Engineering researchers and practitioners in the field of wave energy, tidal energy, offshore wind and other ocean energy conversion technologies. Energy engineering graduate students
1. Fundamental and Principles of Ocean Energy System
2. Big Data Principles and Paradigm
3. Ocean Energy Data Learning from Big Data
4. Modeling of Ocean Energy System by Big Data Analysis
5. Big Data Compliance for Innovative Ocean Models
6. Ocean Energy Data Stream Management Systems
7. Market Basket Model of Ocean Energy System
8. Ocean Energy disinflation and the Utility Tradeoff
9. Clustering approach in Ocean Energy Data
10. Application of Mining Social Network Graph on the Ocean Energy System
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 1st May 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Vikas Khare is an Associate Professor in School of Technology, Management and Engineering, NMIMS, Indore M.P., India. He obtained his M.Tech (Honours) in Energy Management from DAVV Indore, India, and Ph.D. from National Institute of Technology Bhopal, India. His main research interests are renewable energy systems, optimization techniques and game theory. He is also a certified energy manager under the bureau of energy efficiency in India. Dr. Khare has published various research paper in respected journals and published books on renewable energy and fundamentals of electrcal and electronics.
Electrical School of Technology, Management and Engineering, NMIMS, INDORE M.P., India
Savita Nema has over 20 years of experience in research in renewable energy and control systems, including ME in Control Systems and PhD in Solar Photovoltaics. Dr. Nema has led several research projects, as well as published over 40 journal and conference papers. She is currently a Professor & Head at the Department of Electrical Engineering in MANIT, Bhopal, India.
Professor and Head, Department of Electrical Engineering, MANIT, Bhopal, India
Dr. Prashant Baredar is an associate professor in the Energy Department, MANIT, India. He achieved his Ph.D. degree in Hybrid Energy System from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University Bhopal. Dr. Baredar has 20 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering. He is in the editorial board of many international Journals: BLBIJEST and National Journal of Engineering Science and a reviewer for four international journals. He has successfully organized five national seminars and conferences on Energy topic and delivered 25 expert lectures & invited talks. He has guided 6 PhD thesis and 42 M.Tech thesis .He has published one patent on reconfigurable mechanism for wind turbine blade.Dr. Baredar has published 102 research papers in national/international Journals and at conferences, and contributed to the books entitled Basic Mechanical Engineering, Practical Journal of Basic Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy sources and Practical Journal of Basic Civil Engineering& Engineering Mechanics. He has done consultancy projects on ‘Investment Grade Energy Audit of Rajgarh Collectorate Building’ and ‘Solution to reducing bearing temperature in hydro turbine in Indira Sagar Hydro Power’, a number of high level research projects funded by State and Central government are to his credit and is working on the ‘Sensitivity analysis and optimisation of hybrid system of solar, wind and biomass (Rs.4, 52,000)’ project funded by Madhya Pradesh Council of Science & Technology Bhopal.
Associate Professor, Energy Centre, MANIT, Bhopal, India