Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ocean Acidification and Marine Wildlife: Physiological and Behavioral Impacts provides comprehensive knowledge on how decreases in the pH of the world’s oceans is affecting marine organisms. The book synthesizes recent findings about the impacts of ocean acidification (OA) on marine animals, covering the physiological and behavioral effects upon marine invertebrates and vertebrates, the potential physiological and molecular mechanism affects, and interactions of OA with other environmental factors. Written by international experts in this research field, this book summarizes new discoveries of OA effects on fertilization, embryonic development, biomineralization, metabolism, immune response, foraging, anti-predation, habitat selection, and the social hierarchy of marine animals.
This is an important resource for researchers and practitioners in marine conservation, marine wildlife studies, and climate change studies. In addition, it will serve as a valuable text for marine biology and animal science students.
- Examines the impacts of carbon dioxide increases in the world’s oceans relating to marine vertebrates and invertebrates
- Identifies environmental factors, including climate change and pollution and how they increase the negative effects of ocean acidification
- Facilitates a better understanding of ocean acidification effects for conservationism and future prevention
Researchers in marine conservation, marine biology, and marine wildlife studies. Advanced undergraduate and graduate students in conservation, marine biology, and animal science courses; marine conservation policymakers
- Physiological impacts of ocean acidification on marine invertebrates
2. Physiological impacts of ocean acidification on marine vertebrates
3. Behavioral impacts of ocean acidification on marine animals
4. Potential mechanisms underpinning the impacts of ocean acidification on marine animals
5. Interactive effects of ocean acidification and other environmental factors on marine organisms
6. A brief summary of what we know and what we do not know about the impacts of ocean acidification on marine animals
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 14th July 2021
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Guangxu Liu is currently a Professor in the College of Animal Science at Zhejiang University. He obtained his bachelor and master’s degrees in marine biology from the Ocean University of China in 2001 and 2004, respectively. In 2009, he obtained his PhD in Marine Biology from the Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada. Dr. Liu’s research interests mainly focus on the physiological and behavioral impacts of ocean acidification on marine animals and the impacts of ocean acidification on seafood safety. Dr. Liu has published more than 40 peer-reviewed articles in academic journals such as Scientific Reports, Science of The Total Environment, Marine Ecology Progress Series, Marine Environmental Research, and more.
Professor, College of Animal Science, Zhejiang University, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.