This popular guide uses illustrations and concise, integrated text to describe the essentials of obstetric practice today. From the physiology of reproduction through antenatal care and disorders in pregnancy to labour and the puerperium period, readers will find an easy-to-grasp presentation of the field's most important issues.
- Physiology of reproduction
2. Fetal and maternal physiology
3. Obstetrical anatomy
4. Diagnosis of pregnancy
5. Antenatal care
6. Assessment of the fetus
7. Diseases of pregnancy
8. Systemic diseases in pregnancy
9. Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy
10. Multiple pregnancy and other antenatal complications
11. Normal labour
12. Abnormal labour
13. Abnormalities of the third stage of labour and of the placenta and cord
14. Obstetrical operations and maternal injuries
15. Puerperium: normal and abnormal
16. The newborn baby
17. Maternal and perinatal mortality
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2009
- 19th August 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, The Queen Mother's Hospital, Glasgow; Honorary Senior Clinical University Teacher, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.