Designed to teach you to think like a more experienced clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion, by Michael Belden, MD, places as much value on process as it does on content. This unique resource features a case-based organization that hones in on essential knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Provides high-yield core information essential to rotations in a pocket-sized, portable format.
- Uses a color-coded system that places core information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies.
- Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
- Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Includes features such as “Speaking Intelligently” and “Clinical Thinking” in each chapter to help you see the “big picture.”
- Presents “Teaching Visuals”—an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
- Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of obstetric and gynecological topics with “Clinical Entities” that link to top references in the field.
- Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles Self-Assessment Competency Log Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers Vertical Reads and much more!
Section I: INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPETENCIES
Chapter 1 How to Study This Book
Chapter 2 Medical Knowledge: An Essential Competency
Chapter 3 Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
Chapter 4 Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Chapter 5 Professionalism from Hippocrates to the Residency Review Committee
Chapter 6 The Systems-Based Practice Competency
Chapter 7 How to Succeed on the Ob/Gyn Clerkship
Chapter 8 Using the Competencies to Become an Effective Teacher
Chapter 9 Oral Presentations in Obstetrics
Appendix 1: ACGME Clincial Competencies
Appendix 2: Competency Self-Assessment Form: Obstetrics
Appendix 3: Competency Self-Assessment Form: Gynecology
Section II: CASES IN OBSTETRIC MANAGEMENT
Chapter 10 Obstetric Tools: Prenatal Ultrasound in Each Trimester
Chapter 11 Routine Prenatal Care (Case 1)
Chapter 12 Antenatal Screening and Prenatal Diagnosis for Fetal Genetic Disorders (Case 2)
Chapter 13 Antenatal Fetal Surveillance (Case 3)
Chapter 14 Teaching Visual: Fetal Heart-Rate Interpretation
Chapter 15 Obstetric Anesthesia (Case 4)
Chapter 16 Normal Labor (Case 5)
Chapter 17 Abnormalities of Labor and Their Management (Case 6)
Chapter 18 Postpartum Hemorrhage (Case 7)
Chapter 19 Teaching Visual: Managing Post Partum Hemorrhage
Professor’s Pearls: Cases in Obstetric Management
Section III: CASES IN MATERNAL/FETAL MEDICINE
Chapter 20 Early Pregnancy Loss and Miscarriage (Case 8)
Chapter 21 Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy (Case 9)
Chapter 22 Diabetes in Pregnancy (Case 10)
Chapter 23 Pulmonary Diseases in Pregnancy (Case 11)
Chapter 24 Premature Labor, Abnormal Bleeding, and Abdominal Pain in the Second and Third Trimester (Case 12)
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 9th June 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: