- Print ISBN 9780323112130
- Electronic ISBN 9780323112147
- Learning objectives help you focus your study on the most important nutrition basics, lifespan, community related nutrition and nutrition therapy concepts.
- Reading assignments highlight textbook material and provide critical thinking questions to help you read and review more efficiently.
- Animations bring nutrition concepts to life with visual instructions and explanations of a process or system, such as digestion.
- Quizzes evaluate your understanding of all the major topics covered in a particular lesson.
- Web based research activities, nutrient and diet analysis exercises, growth chart and diet design practice provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help you identify areas needing additional study.
- Access to the new online version of Nutritrac Nutrition Analysis, a nutrition and weight management program, with additional tools for learning including an expanded food database of over 5,000 foods in 18 different categories and a listing of more than 150 activities
Nutrition in wellness and health promotion
Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism
Fluids and Electrolytes
Energy balance and body composition
Nutrition in Physical fitness and exercise
Nutrition in Pregnancy and Lactation
Nutrition in Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
Nutrition in Adulthood
Food borne illness
Nutrition in various cultural and religious settings
Nutrition in Patient Care: Enteral and parenteral feedings
Disorders of the accessory organs
Nutrition care in cancer and AIDS
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 7th December 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: